Chapter 32 You Raise Me Up

"I did what?!"

It was a great morning indeed.

Ye Jin woke up that morning to Hyo Jin freaking out when she told her what had transpired last night during that phone call with her boyfriend.

"Omo omo omooo, how am I going to face Mr Hyun now? Why didn't you stop me, Yej?"

Her ruckus caused the birds in the tree right next to their windows to shoot off into the skies, far away from the never-ending screams interrupting their peaceful morning.

"You know what? Never mind. I don't regret what I did. You're my best friend and he deserves that. Watch me walk into the company with my dignity intact."

Indeed, the day would be an interesting one.

Zooming in on the company, the corridors were filled with activity even in the prime of the waking hours.

"Good morning." The dancers greeted one another in the corridors.

In the morning, the dancers of Seoul Royal Ballet Dance Company were back, full force. The apprentices were coming back from break and so were some of their stars.

The numerous dance studios were now filled with these talented dancers as they prepped their bodies for a full day of intensive practice.

In the management office, a certain prince charming was sifting through the stacks of get-well-soon letters on his desk and sorting through the endless piles of gifts. It wasn't even his birthday nor a debut anniversary, but he was receiving so much love from his fans.

In fact, some of the letters made him smile from ear to ear. Such a sight was rare to his colleagues and many of them had to do a double-take when they saw their normally stoic star smiling so brightly.

Of course, the reason behind his smiles was also because of his swan but that was their little secret.

"Mr Hyun, this is the music you requested for." One of his colleagues handed him a thumb drive.

"Thank you. Have a good day." Hyun Bin's dimpled smile was still apparent on his face.

To say his colleague was starstruck was an understatement but somehow, she managed to bow and leave without making a fool of herself. It would suffice to say, it would take his colleagues some time to get used to his more open side, now that he was past his haunting memories.

Checking the time, Hyun Bin grabbed his water bottle and left the office, heading straight for Dance Studio A. Along the way, he greeted the dancers with that ever charismatic smile of his, causing them to swoon in their pointe shoes.

This new change to Hyun Bin was quickly becoming the talk of the town although the man appeared clueless about the happenings in the dance company.

"Arf arf!" Rose licked the man in greeting, her tail wagging hard behind her.

"Good morning, Rose." Hyun Bin cooed, rubbing the back of her ears.

Back in teacher mode, Hyun Bin schooled his features and walked into the dance studio where his apprentices were already stretching over the barres. Subconsciously, the soft, doting smile that was reserved for this swan wormed its way onto his face when he saw her.

He truly missed her. It was the first time they spent a night apart since the break started. It was difficult to revert back to their past arrangements when all they wanted to do was be together.

As though she sensed his presence, Ye Jin straightened up from her oversplit and smiled in his direction. Hyo Jin's moans about her throbbing headache inevitably fell on deaf ears since her best friend was too preoccupied with locating her boyfriend.