Chapter 31 Fall on Me

Thank you cmpotter for helping me with the technical terms in this chapter! 

~~~~~~~~~~~

The morning after was always a tricky thing.

For some, they wake to an empty bed with their hearts crushed when they realised the person they shared the night with was a mere fling.

For others, they wake and part ways as though they were mere business partners who just ended an exclusive contract.

There were a billion ways the morning after could play out, but for a couple very much in love with one another, the morning after was sweeter than milk and honey.

Light giggles engulfed the room, accompanied by the golden shimmer of the morning sun. Past their shyness, the couple was snuggled up under the white duvets, heated by the beautiful sunlight dancing in the colours of the rainbow upon the white canvas of the walls.

Perhaps it was the afterglow speaking, or perhaps it was the golden rays hitting their faces at such an hour, but they were both glowing after the night they shared. 

The very visage of the man nuzzling his nose close to his woman's cheek would bring a smile to anyone's face because they were a couple very much in love with one another.

"I'll draw you a warm bath. It'll help." The husky tenor effortlessly moulded into the cosy atmosphere between them.

Shortly after, the soft rustling of blankets could be heard before the distinct sound of running water joined the serene morning.

A high-pitched squeal shattered that peace minutes later when the man carried his swan to the bathtub. Yet, those pink bubbles were ever-present in their morning after.

The morning after for Ye Jin and Hyun Bin was a mix of shyness, joy, appreciation, respect but most importantly, love.

Unwaveringly, they loved one another very much.

"What time is it, love?" Ye Jin asked from the bathtub.

"Mmm 10." Hyun Bin quipped while squeezing some toothpaste on his toothbrush.

"That explains why I'm hungry." Ye Jin collected some soap foam in her arms, giggling at the fluffy cloud-like feel of the soap slipping over her body.

Hyun Bin was right. A warm bath was exactly what she needed to soothe her aches.

"Are you sure it's because of that?" Hyun Bin teased her suggestively.

"Ya! I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that." Ye Jin threw some soap at where she assumed Hyun Bin was standing before folding her arms stubbornly.

Effortlessly, Hyun Bin dodged the soapy attacks, laughing hard at his lover's adorable reaction. He must have found a new hobby; teasing his beautiful swan. The way her blush was playing across her face was incredibly endearing to him and he loved the way her face would light up with a smile when he laughed.

While Hyun Bin brushed his teeth, he started checking the weather and his schedule on his phone. Unfortunately, the staff would be having their annual general meeting in the early evening which meant they had to cut their mini-break short.

Knowing her boyfriend's usual morning routine well, Ye Jin simply kept quiet and enjoyed her bubble bath until she heard him place his phone down on the sink. 

"Is the weather good today?" Ye Jin asked.

"Yes. We shouldn't encounter any problems on our drive back." Hyun Bin informed her.