Chapter 23 La La Land

Special thanks to sosseu for letting me borrow a special someone for a cameo in MC! It is my honour to welcome such a beloved character into MC🥰

~~~~~~~~~~~~

TTM: 1 Week 5 Days

Against the brightening backdrop of the morning sky, the light of dawn was painting golden threads of light in the sky, bringing hope to yet another glorious day.

The beautiful golden rays seeped gently into Hyun Bin's apartment, past the gap in the curtains to caress the couple as a gentle wake-up call.

As with all days, the morning was peaceful and quiet. This morning was no different but to the couple, it felt different. Hyun Bin was the first to stir from his restful slumber, his heart singing with peace which he had long forgotten about.

For the first time in a year, he could safely say that he slept like a baby. No nightmares haunted his dreams for his swan girl was beside him, warding off his demons.

With their limbs in an entangled mess, Hyun Bin didn't dare move a muscle as he studied his swan, memorising her radiant beauty highlighted by the rays of sunshine.

On such a morning, Hyun Bin felt completely at peace. Watching the gentle rise and fall of her chest as she rested, Hyun Bin smiled.

Last night felt surreal to the man. Even now, he couldn't believe how lucky he was to have such a beautiful swan surrender herself to him. She trusted him to guide her in taking a step further into their relationship, one with which she was wholly unfamiliar.

She came into his life like a gift.

He loves her.

She was his future.

Those three thoughts would forever remain ingrained in his heart and mind. He would cherish her and show her how beautiful she was every day as her man.

Minutes later, Ye Jin woke, stretching languidly as she yawned adorably. Deep chuckles filled their morning, prompting Ye Jin to tilt her head to the side slightly. "What's so funny?"

"You're adorable." Hyun Bin chuckled fondly.

Blushing, Ye Jin bit her lips, feeling oddly shy after the night they shared together. Clutching the blanket close to her, Ye Jin's face only became redder when she felt Hyun Bin's thigh brush over her leg.

If the man noticed her shyness, he chose to say nothing as he hugged her closer to him. Pressed flush against his chest, Ye Jin let out a small squeak before she finally relaxed into his embrace.

Last night might have been her first time trying anything intimate in that sense, but she held no regrets. Her man was patient and doting towards her, prioritising her needs above his. He made her feel safe.

She loves Hyun Bin, and she would always remember their night together.

Even though her memories would always remain as touches and voices, she was still grateful because it was him. That was worth cherishing.

"How are you feeling?" Hyun Bin checked whilst running his hand down her arm soothingly.

"Do you want the truth?" Ye Jin asked sheepishly.

"Of course, love." The new term of endearment slipped out of Hyun Bin's mouth naturally.

Ye Jin didn't think she could blush harder than she already was with the way the word love rolled off Hyun Bin's tongue like pure satin. He was almost purring when he said that, and the flutters in her heart were unreal as she fought for some semblance of control. The effect he was having on her was unfathomable and she loved it.