Chapter 25 Waves in Milan

Song for the Chapter: Lost Without You (Basically the song used in the Moon Child performance). Wait for the cue!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

TTM – 14:00:00

7 AM

Milan was an art form of its own. Picturesque neighbourhoods lined every street, emanating artistic vibes which would give artists a run for their money.

Unlike what they were used to in Seoul, each building in Milan seemed to be unique to itself. From the colours, to the stones, to even the teeniest chip in the paint, there was truly no building that was an imitation of another.

And of course, the scent of the city was different.

Wherever they walked, the delicious dark, nutty aroma of well-brewed coffee and the doughy soft scent wafting off freshly-baked bread filled their senses. It made Ye Jin's stomach rumble even though they already had some breakfast back at the hotel.

Bundled up in their winter clothes with their dancewear hidden under the big puffy winter coats, Ye Jin and Hyun Bin revelled in the quality time they got to spend together, far from Seoul.

In Italy, they were free to be around each other. In Italy, they could freely hold hands on the streets. In Italy, they didn't have to worry about being exposed.

They loved the literal freedom they have been craving since they got together.

As with all their morning walks from the hotel to the dance studio, Ye Jin and Hyun Bin's hands were interlocked in his pocket, keeping her warm and toasty against the biting cold air around them.

But today was slightly different.

They were both walking with a slight bounce in their steps as the rare sunlight during winter smiled down on them.

"It's warm today, aegiya." Ye Jin observed, appreciating the fact that she wasn't shivering as she usually was.

"The sun is out today." Hyun Bin told her, smiling softly at his beautiful swan.

The man's stance was completely relaxed as he took in the waking city with his girlfriend by his side. Ever since that night, it would appear Hyun Bin was freed from his past. Despite the fact that they would be performing tonight on the very stage where the Red Shoes tragedy happened, the man was at ease.

He has finally found it within himself to move on. It wasn't easy and he knew tonight might be a different story, but he was getting there. Right now, his focus was on Ye Jin.

He was choosing to live in the moment which would only solidify his future with his girlfriend.

Because of the sunlight, the lovers were walking at a slower pace, much as they did back in Seoul during their morning park dates.

Oddly enough, a black and white butterfly was dancing around a flower shop, landing lightly on Ye Jin's cheek when they walked past the homely shop. Its paper-thin wings shone with the radiant glow of the sunlight, its tips reflecting the rays as it rested on Ye Jin's cheek.

A kiss of blessing from the heavens.

Ye Jin giggled when she felt the tickle on her cheek, surprised that a butterfly had landed on her once again. Hyun Bin smiled endearingly at his girl before he watched the butterfly fly off into the distance.