Chapter 38 Perfect

Months later

Christmas was a time of love and rejuvenation, where one garners strength to start anew. Across the world, the magic of Christmas lies in the promise of a clean slate, allowing us to write whatever we want in the fresh blank page that came with the end of another season of work.

Such energy was no different in Seoul even though Christmas was more commonly celebrated by couples rather than families. No one could ignore the tinge of wonder in the air nor the beautiful Christmas decorations that lined the streets.

Candied lights of varying colours adorned the buildings, along with candy canes and Christmas trees in essentially every shopping mall. In some homes, stockings were hung up along with the tinsels and homemade decorations, a sure welcome of Christmas into these homes.

It was the same at Seoul Royal Ballet Dance Company. Just a day before, the dancers had gathered at the hearth of the company to decorate the two-stories tall Christmas tree with ornaments and handwritten well-wishes. The tree now stood proudly in the center of the company, spreading Christmas joy to anyone who walked in.

 The tree now stood proudly in the center of the company, spreading Christmas joy to anyone who walked in

Amongst the well-wishes was a note written collectively by Korea's prince charming and his swan. Ever since her official promotion to soloist, Ye Jin and Hyun Bin could now date openly without worrying about the rules that came with her apprenticeship.

In fact, their whole cohort of apprentices did an incredible job. That meant all of them had moved up the ranks into the corps de ballet or into the group of soloists.

And tonight, most of them were reaping the rewards of their past year of brutal hard work. Even though Ye Jin couldn't perform tonight, she was unbelievably excited to watch her friends in The Nutcracker. A secret perk was that she could watch the performance with her boyfriend.

Speaking of her boyfriend, he was currently flapping his arms desperately as he tried to find his balance on the skating rink.

Thud.

Light giggling followed her boyfriend's disastrous fall as Ye Jin glided her way to him to help him up.

"I see balance is still a problem, babe." Ye Jin teased her big baby who was pouting up at her.

"I think it's the skates. They're too blunt." Hyun Bin argued.

"Mmm, I believe you. Come on, I'll let you hold my hand." Ye Jin said in a baby voice.

Before long, the couple was gliding their way across the skating rink together, smiling at one another every now and then as they re-lived another memory together.