Chapter 19 Soldier

It was that time of the year again. The season where aspiring young ballet dancers would get a peek into life at Seoul Royal Ballet.

After weeks of waiting for that one call that would change their summer, the children who were accepted into the programme were already lining the streets, waiting to be admitted into the company.

"Wah! This is crazy! There are so many kids." Hyo Jin gaped openly as they walked past the line.

"How many are we looking at?" Ye Jin asked.

"I'd say a good 50!" Hyo Jin estimated.

"Omo! I'm so excited to meet them." Ye Jin clapped happily.

"Lucky you. Meanwhile, I'm stuck with that b*tch." Hyo Jin rolled her eyes at the thought of being in a room with In Sun for the next ten hours.

"At least Shin Young will be there too." Ye Jin sympathised with her friend.

"If you say so. Enjoy your time with the kiddos and that boyfriend of yours. I'm not there so keep your hands to yourself." Hyo Jin warned jokingly.

"Arasseo. See you later." Ye Jin was still blushing slightly from Hyo Jin's comments.

They weren't that obvious, were they?

Shrugging slightly, Ye Jin let Rose lead them to Dance Studio A where Hyun Bin was already waiting.

"Good morning, my swan." Hyun Bin smiled. His eyes were ever so soft for his girlfriend.

"Good morning!" Ye Jin said in a sing-song voice before she felt herself being pulled into his embrace.

"Aish, someone might see us!" Ye Jin smacked Hyun Bin's chest lightly.

"I checked. Just for a minute?" Ye Jin could hear the pout in Hyun Bin's voice when he said that.

In times like these, Ye Jin would forget that this was a man who just turned 27. When he gets like this, Ye Jin couldn't help but think that he was like a big baby.

This must be what Hyo Jin was referring to.

"One minute." Ye Jin caved as she wrapped her small arms around his torso.

Hyun Bin's smile widened as though he had just won the lottery and he leaned his head atop of Ye Jin's as he held her close. He could feel the gentle thumping of her heart against his as they hugged, their hearts beating to the same rhythm the longer they stayed in the embrace. This was the best way to start the day.

True to his word, Hyun Bin let go of Ye Jin a minute later albeit a little hesitantly. Ye Jin gave Hyun Bin a peck on the cheek before she started pushing him to the door. Hyun Bin entertained his girlfriend and let her push him, all the while slightly amused by how hard she was trying.

"Come on, the children are waiting." Ye Jin said excitedly.

"Arasseo. Let me open the door." Hyun Bin chuckled fondly at his swan girl.

With that, the man opened the door to see the 10 children who were under them for the programme crowding around the new celebrity.

That celebrity was now wagging her tail even harder as she peered up at one of her favourite humans with her tongue hanging out of her mouth in a lopsided grin.

"I see you've all met Rose. Come now, children. It's time." Hyun Bin spoke in a gentle tone solely reserved for children.

One by one, the children walked into the dance studio in their little ballet slippers, upholding the grace and poise that was unique to every ballet dancer.