Chapter 16 Angel

"Please, Ye Jin, you've got to be okay." Hyun Bin whispered underneath his breath.

They were in the backseat of Jung Hyun's car on the way to the hospital. It was a rather tight squeeze in the back with Hyun Bin cradling Ye Jin in his arms while Rose watched them intently. Ji Hye would occasionally look back worriedly before silently urging Jung Hyun to speed up.

Hyun Bin felt as though he could no longer breathe with every passing second that Ye Jin remained unconscious. Right now, he feared for her life. He should have checked in on her earlier.

A few minutes into the ride, Ye Jin began to stir in Hyun Bin's arms. Through the haze of her thoughts, she could barely process the new sounds around her. She could hear the humming of the car engines, two people talking in the front seat, and what appears to be a man sniffling quietly above her.

She didn't understand what was happening except that her head felt like it was about to explode. And she was cold. So cold.

"Mmm." Ye Jin shifted slightly to press herself closer to her personal heater, not recognising that the heater was in fact Hyun Bin's chest.

"Ye Jin? You're awake?" Hyun Bin was on high alert instantly when he felt her shift.

"C...cold." Ye Jin snuggled up closer to him, shivering slightly until she felt a pair of warm hands rub her arms.

"You're burning up, Ye Jin." Hyun Bin frowned.

"It's cold." Ye Jin whimpered.

Biting his lip, Hyun Bin tried his best to keep Ye Jin warm even though her body temperature was extremely high to the touch. Ye Jin let out a soft sigh when she finally stopped shivering and promptly fell back asleep. She couldn't remember the last time she felt this sick.

At the hospital, Hyun Bin wasted no time in carrying Ye Jin in. The group followed after the man as he placed her down on one of the hospital beds so that the doctor could check on her.

Hyun Bin studiously filled the doctor in on the situation, recalling bits and pieces of information such as the time she stayed unconscious to what she told him in the backseat.

Past the administrative matters, Hyun Bin felt the adrenaline keeping him running leave his body. While the doctor tended to Ye Jin, he simply watched, using one hand to support himself against a wall. He was fully aware that his mind was racing with a billion thoughts and that his hands were shaking. Yet, all he could see was her.

Rapid, irregular puffs of breaths left his mouth along with the familiar tightening of his chest as he thought about the what-ifs. Even though Ye Jin did regain consciousness, he was still afraid. He already lost Tae Yang. He couldn't lose Ye Jin too.

"Hyun Bin oppa, why don't you sit down?" Ji Hye tried her best to guide him to a chair.

It startled her to see how pale Hyun Bin was as he watched Ye Jin from his corner. The man looked as though he would collapse any minute.

Hyun Bin evidently never did hear her for he remained rooted to the spot. It took some gentle coaxing from Ji Hye for him to sit down especially after they wheeled Ye Jin away for an X-ray.

"W-where are they taking her?" Hyun Bin asked, his eyes darting around rapidly when he could no longer see his swan girl.

"They need to take an X-ray to check for any concussions. It's just a precautionary measure." Ji Hye explained patiently, trying her best to calm her friend before he could start having a panic attack.

It was the shock. It would appear that past the adrenaline, the shock was hitting him mercilessly.

"Here, Hyung. Have some water." Jung Hyun placed a paper cup in Hyun Bin's hands.