Chapter 24 Point of No Return

Content Warning: ⚠️Mature chapter! Kids stay away, please.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

TTM: 6 Days

The practice rooms near La Scala Theatre were as Hyun Bin remembered. The same shiny black studio floors, the same white barres, and the same ivory black piano stared back at him as the company's dancers practiced their Russian Fouetté turns in the wide dance studio.

Hyun Bin and Ye Jin were led to a separate studio where their choreographer was waiting for them

Hyun Bin and Ye Jin were led to a separate studio where their choreographer was waiting for them. Yet, neither of them was focused on the upcoming practice for Ye Jin was trying her best to keep Hyun Bin calm.

For the next 6 days, Ye Jin and Hyun Bin would be learning a new duet item on top of the duet they were already performing for the upcoming performance. While they were familiar with Moon Child, they didn't quite know what to expect for the new duet they would be learning.

That meant they had to focus. To do that, Hyun Bin had to rid himself of his demons such that they wouldn't incapacitate his ability to perform any longer.

"How are you holding up?" Ye Jin whispered.

Silence.

"I'm here, Hyun Bin. Don't be scared." Ye Jin whispered again, reaching over to squeeze his hand gently.

Hyun Bin chose not to speak, silently squeezing Ye Jin's hand as though it was his only lifeline. Taking a few deep breaths, Hyun Bin chose to focus on what they were here for. As work mode took over, he could feel his memories fade into the background.

"We're here." Hyun Bin informed Ye Jin quietly when they reached the dance studio.

Rose obediently stayed outside of the dance studio as with the usual routine, entrusting her best friend under Hyun Bin's care. The man kept a tight hold on his swan's slender hands, leading her to where their choreographers were.

On the surface, Hyun Bin was leading her, but in reality, she was the only reason why he wasn't taking the first flight back to Seoul.

After one last squeeze, the lovers let go of each other's hands. The silent assurance that all would be alright flowed between them like a swelling storm.

The light in the dark. That was what they were to each other.

And now, it was time for them to dance.

After getting assimilated to the new environment, Ye Jin and Hyun Bin quickly moved on to learn the choreography. Past the warm-ups and discussions over the concept, the couple was taught the starting eights of the choreography.

With the various partner work introduced into the piece, they could tell the choreography was challenging. It was one that required their full trust and reliance in one another – not that it was an issue to either of them.