Of Snakes And Shrimp Pt. I

"Percy, wake up! And get your wand already."

Percy's eyes opened suddenly, only to find a dark room as he tried to untangle himself from arms that were not his own.

"What would the Order think of this, eh? No wards?! No alarms?! No defenses whatsoever?!" A new, much deeper voice called out.

"I thought we were finished with these damned fever dream wake-ups!" A distinctly female voice screamed right by Percy's ear, quickly followed by a sharp punch to his ribs. Percy finally realized the girl was Tonks.

"OW!" He yelped, finally shooting to his feet and taking stock of the situation. Percy was fully clothed, which was a relief. He grabbed his wand from his front pocket and held it out in caution. While his demigod instincts were mostly silent, he trusted Tonks enough to take her warning at face value.

Not even a moment later, he saw a neon-yellow light soaring straight at his face. Percy ducked right in the nick of time, the unknown curse whipping his hair about. Percy launched spells blindly, hoping they were heading in the correct direction. He slid behind an ancient looking desk for some quick cover.

Percy made to tell Tonks to take cover as well, but a quick look over at her made Percy's jaw drop.

Tonks was a flurry of movement and destruction. Any spells sent her way were blocked completely or re-directed to the walls. Long arches of lightning shot from her wand. What limited furniture that the room held were now used as shields. The occasional chair even sprouted arms and legs and became living weapons. It was dueling like he had never seen before.

"Get your head out of your arse and help me Percy!" Tonks hissed through gritted teeth.

Percy flushed in embarrassment and shook his head in hopes of clearing it. He didn't even realize he'd been watching Tonks do all the heavy lifting. Time to do his part.

In one move, Percy leaped up on a desk beside Tonks and started deflecting some of the incoming spells.

"About time! And I thought I was the only one with a pussy!" Tonks yelled at him over the sound of fighting though she flashed him a wry grin.

"Oh, shut up and say thank you!" Percy yelled back, blushing furiously.

With Percy supplying the defense, Tonks was free to let loose on offense. And let loose she did. The number of spells coming Percy's way started falling quickly.

Just as Percy thought they were beginning to gain ground in the fight, a second set of spells was sent their way from the opposite direction.

Both Tonks and Percy were forced to solely defend to avoid imminent death. In seconds, the two were pressed back-to-back.

A moment later Tonks fell, bleeding from the top of her head.

"Shit!" Percy yelped, taking cover once more as spells flew over his head. "Accio Tonks!" Percy yelled, grabbing the metamorphmagus as she flew towards him.

Even with his thoughts flying a mile a minute, Percy had no idea how to escape his current predicament. If Death Eaters had gotten to the attic, did that mean everyone else was... No. They couldn't be. He had just gotten a new family, he couldn't lose this one too.