On the Yellow Brick Road

"I still can't believe you thought I destroyed half the camp." Hecate chuckled as she and Percy walked down the Ministry of Magic to the Department of Magical Law Enforcement of the DMLE.

Today was the 27th. It had been two days after the quidditch finals. Percy had finally been summoned to register as an animagus.

"I'm sorry but the last time you got drunk you turned the living room into a bed of sunflowers." Percy said with a shrug. "Can you blame me?" Percy walked briskly wearing his navy blue robes with his father's trident stitched on his sleeves and a pegasus on his back.

"Hey I'll have you know I haven't gotten drunk in over three months!" Hecate called back.

"That doesn't make me think any less of you." Percy shivered. Percy turned serious. "Those death eaters...why didn't you stop them?"

Hecate raised an eyebrow. "I can't get involved with human activities Percy, you know that."

"What about Harry?"

"I just talk to Harry, I don't actually do anything to improve and ruin the way his life progresses. I'm not involving myself in such a way that it would change his life."

"Other than flirting with him you mean."

"He does turn a shade of red quite similar to a pomegranate juice." Hecate giggled. "But yes, flirting is perfectly allowed because as you know Gods can in fact mate with mortals."

"Is this your way of telling me you want to screw Harry? Because I don't know how I feel about that." Percy shivered.

"Hey you have no right to judge me Mr. 'I slept with five veela at the same time'. By the way have I ever congratulated you for that? It really is an achievement you know. Not many have the stamina to keep up with one, let alone five. I should get you an award for that one. Really demigod stamina is a gift!"

Percy blushed red as the mini veela Hecate had bought at the world finals sat on his shoulder yawing. Percy had decided to keep the veela around, as a reminder of that night. He had actually grown attached to the little thing, he even named her Kelly.

"R-right." Percy coughed trying to hide his embarrassment.

"Have any of them kept in touch?"

"Channel does." Percy replied. "And Amanda as well. Catherine promised to write but hasn't yet. Ebele and Ula...well I don't really know."

"Hm...well if you are going to have a social life now we should probably get you an owl soon. You can't expect to keep using the owl they messaged you with, you would never be able to message them first! And girls hate that sort of thing Percy, just saying."

"R-right." Percy stammered as Kelly chuckled on his shoulder.

They entered the lift and got off at level 2. The hallway was crowded with people dressed in red robes running around in a hurry. They were aurors, the police of the magical world and from the looks of things they all had their hands full.

"Why are they so on edge?" Percy asked as he saw a few aurors shoot him suspicious looks.

"It's because of the death eater attack." Hecate explained. "They're worried that it might be a sign that Voldemort has come back, especially since his symbol was found floating above the woods."