Banished Into Magic Book 2: The Order Of The Phoenix

Harry Potter gazed silently out at the park's landscape. His breath deepened to control his conflicting emotions. Only a few weeks into his summer break, it had already been one of the worst of his life.

Besides Voldemort's resurrection at the graveyard (which still plagued him when he fitfully drifted into the realm of sleep), Harry had received almost no contact from the wizarding world. The letters he did get from his supposed best friends Ron and Hermione, were becoming an increasingly rare event though often saying nothing of importance.

As if that wasn't bad enough, his godfather, the reforming convict Sirius Black was forced to vacate Percy and Hecate's house to help Percy's 'continued recovery' on request of Hogwarts Headmaster Dumbledore.

Sirius flat-out refused to tell Harry where he was headed despite all the nagging Harry had given his godfather. "It'll be better this way. I'll be fine Pup." Sirius had consoled him. Harry huffed just thinking about it.

Speaking of Percy Jackson, Harry hadn't seen his friend once. He'd knocked plenty of times during his admittedly rare free time away from the Dursley's. There had even been two times where Harry was daring enough to sneak out of the Dursley's to see his injured friend. Nobody had even answered the door.

Harry was beyond angry. He was helpless. He'd just accepted the gnawing feeling in his mind and the aching of his heart.

Even in the midst of his downward spiral, Harry couldn't justify putting any blame on Percy. The-boy-who-lived turned his head toward the quiet, dark house across the street with worry. He hoped his friend was all right.

A sudden shiver shot up his spine for a split second. Harry looked around warily. Something was amiss.

...

Percy Jackson raised his sword high above his head once more. Sweat poured down his neck and onto his wet back.

He'd lost count of his sword practice repetitions. Again. Shaking his head in irritation, The demigod stubbornly refused to admit defeat. Percy forced himself to run through the elaborate routine once more.

'Okay, here we go. Slash, parry, sweep, slide- No... Damn it! I have to slide, then sweep.'

Flushing in frustration, Percy reset his form again. "Come on, you have to get this right." He whispered to himself. And he did.

Only a few weeks prior, he'd been directly struck by Voldemort's killing curse, the infamous avada kedavra. In fact, he'd been 'dead' for nearly five minutes. Madam Pomfrey could barely figure out what was wrong with him other than a basic monitoring spell which stated he'd been struck by the Killing Curse.

The healers at St. Mungo's didn't really know much more aside the fact that Percy would likely experience side effects from surviving a curse that he wasn't meant to survive. What side effects exactly? They couldn't say. He was only the second person in recorded history to have survived the Killing Curse.

The medi-wizards did try and fix what they could. After extended exposure to the Cruciatus Curse, both Harry and himself had been required to take a myriad of potions to combat any long-term nerve damage. The potions were originally co-created by Nicolas Flamel and Dumbledore after the previous Dark Lord Grindelwald's terror streak. It was designed to mend any frayed nerves inside the body and repair them back to their original state.