The Second Task / They Know Now

Percy smiled at Kelly as the tiny veela stretched herself awake. "Morning. Have a nice night?"

"Sleepy." She squeaked, giving another yawn and letting her face hit the bed.

Chuckling at her usual antics, Percy took the mini veela and placed her inside his hood gently. The demigod then strolled down to the Great Hall for breakfast. Hogwarts was packed more than usual with students dressed in skirts and sweaters instead of the usual black robes. It was a rare sight in Hogwarts, but considering it was Christmas Break and the excitement the Yule Ball had generated, there were a lot of Wizards still in the castle.

Percy rubbed his eyes as he walked to the house table. Ironically, Gryffindor's table was just as empty as any other early morning. Percy snorted, some things never change. The entire table was barren, all except one Harry Potter.

"Harry!" Percy cheered as he took a seat next to his friend. "How was the night?"

Harry smiled weakly. "It was great Percy. You?"

"Spectacular. Never thought I'd actually enjoy that thing but, we made it work... Hermione definitely helped." Percy gave a goofy grin at the memories made. Sensing something wasn't right, he looked Harry over and noted that the boy looked quite ragged. Harry still wore his cousin's crappy hand-me-down clothes, but more than that, he looked exhausted.

"What's wrong?" Percy asked. "Didn't get much sleep last night?"

Harry's eyes went wide. "How did you-" He stopped and just shook his head. "Nevermind... Yes, i-it's that dream again."

"The one you keep seeing of Voldemort?" Percy asked, lowering his voice to a whisper.

"...Are you sure it's him? I mean, I could be simply hallucinating for all we know, right?"

"Trust me, man, it's always the psychotic mass murderer. They can't help it, it's their thing. Anyway, did you manage to remember anything about the dream this time? Anything at all?"

Harry aimed his gaze at the floor looking guilty. "No, sorry. Nothing that makes sense anyway."

Percy shrugged. "Yeah, didn't think so... Maybe you could try some mind arts, it could help you focus your attention during these visions."

"Mind arts?" Harry asked in confusion.

"Oh. Well, as you may or may not know, wizards can read minds." Percy calmly

"What?!" Harry exclaimed.

Percy nodded grimly. "Yeah, that was my reaction as well. Anyway, not all of them can though, it takes a lot of mental focus and power to read another person's mind so only fairly powerful wizards can do it...or someone who's naturally good at it."

"Are there people here that can read my mind?" Harry whispered fearfully.

Percy shrugged. "Maybe, but don't worry. It's like I said before, they're pretty rare. Dumbledore can probably do it, but that's just my guess... Worry not, dear Harry, there is a way to block it."

"How?"

"There are two branches of mental magic. First, there are two branches..." Percy explained what Legilimency and Occlumency were and how exactly they were different. He answered the questions Harry asked to the best of his abilities, though he was frank in stating there were things that he simply didn't know.