What's New, Uagadou?

Nymphadora Tonks, or Tonks as she had come to prefer once she was old enough to understand the disappointing lack of depth in some wizards, took a deep breath to steady her ratcheting nerves. The metamorphmagus took another careful step down the nameless, winding trail, trying her best not to trip over her own feet. Again.

She and Percy had quickly split off from the rest of the 'Potter Guard'. The pair exchanged goodbyes and small phrases of encouragement. The words sounded all well and good at the time, but Tonks found it didn't help her confidence in any meaningful way. They were only words after all and her mission could end up deciding the fate of the war against You-Know-Who.

Tonks rubbed her neck and sighed. Her first official mission for the Order of the Phoenix after months of begging for the slightest opportunity... Now she was freaking out. Bugger.

Her companion, Percy Jackson, on the other hand, was cool in his demeanor as he confidently blazed the way forward. He was whistling some vaguely recognizable muggle tune which made Tonks conjure an image of the beach in her mind. Of course, everything about Percy reminded her of the ocean for some reason or another.

'I really don't get how he can be so nonchalant? Doesn't he know what our failure could mean for the rest of the world?' The metamorphmagus wondered.

Inside, Tonks knew very well just how serious her friend could be. She had seen that side of him surface often enough in their training sessions together. It was even more apparent to the Auror that Percy felt he had some heroic responsibility to undertake in the inevitable conflict. Tonks smirked at Percy's turned back. In that moment, Tonks vowed to be by his side when that moment came, if it did come, of course.

Regardless of his role, the insane rate of Percy's improvement in a few short months had Tonks nonplussed. It was like the guy was born for battle... Now that she thought about it, he really did struggle an awful lot to learn non-combat related spells. Moody even had to give up some of his lesson plans upon realizing they had no chance to complete everything the grizzly Auror wanted them to under such heavy time constraints.

On top of everything else stacked against them, Tonks worried that they were being tossed out into the world unprepared and undermanned. Percy apparently didn't see it the same way though...

"We're a glorified delegation, not a SWAT team. We just need to lay low and try to recruit these people into a war they don't want to get into while avoiding the Death Eaters who're trying to do the same. And if said other side even sniffs us, we'll have to duel for our lives and probably die. Simple, huh?" The young wizard had joked a few days previous while in a briefing with Dumbledore. He did break it down well, not that it helped Tonks feel any better.

Something about his whistling and cool composure now did help her nerves...

"What song is that, Percy?" Tonks asked curiously. Despite her half-blood nature, She knew embarrassingly little about the muggle world. Her father was always content being a wizard, he never bothered to seriously educate her on the in's and out's of the muggle world.

After hearing her question, Percy's neck immediately turned pink, forcing a mischievous grin from the girl. 'Ah, one of those songs...'

"Uhh, it's an old Bob Marley track. Er... you know, it's been so long... Forgot the name."

Suppressing a giddy grin, Tonks was unexpectedly bombarded by odd feelings. Something about Percy made her feel like a schoolgirl again! "How does it go?" She pressed, trying her best to sound casual.

"Uhh, forgot." He mumbled, completely unconvincingly. This, of course, was impossible as the young man had just been whistling said melody. Tonks caught his flushed neck quickly turn to a rather dark crimson. Immediately, her chest responded with an annoyingly familiar flutter. Curse these damn butterflies which had somehow nested in her gut and refused to leave!