The Golden Egg

Percy shrunk back his shield into it's watch form and flew over the dragon's sleeping body. He grabbed the egg amid thunderous applause and flew out to the other side where three security wizards were there to receive him. The demigod landed and was quickly escorted to the medical tent.

"Percy!" He heard a squeak. He turned to see Kelly flying through the air at him. Percy carefully caught her and glared at the guard who seemed all too happy to get rid of the mini veela.

Percy opened the tent flap and was immediately bombarded.

"Mr. Jackson!" Madam Pomfrey walked up to him immediately. "Take off that ridiculous thing at once!"

Percy blinked in surprise. "Uh, okay. Why?" Percy detached his cape and flung it to the side where it levitated on the spot. He still clutched the egg however. He risked his life for the thing so it wasn't leaving his sight anytime soon.

"I need to check you for burns and cuts of course." Pomfrey took out her wand and waved it over him.

"I'm fine Madam Pomfrey, really. My shield on the other hand, is another story." Percy chuckled.

"I see, and where did you get said shield?" Pomfrey asked with a glare.

"Well the shield was a gift. So... No harm done I guess."

Kelly then popped her head from under Percy's thick, layered robes and cheered. "Awesome!"

Percy smirked. "You bet it was Kelly!"

The matron sighed, but said nothing. She was used to the strangeness of magic, but this...well there is always a first time for everything.

After a few minutes, Pomfrey stepped back and nodded. "You are unharmed in any way. Merlin, that shield must really be something."

He grinned. "Told you so."

The nurse huffed. "Well seeing as you are all right I see no reason for you to stay." Madam Pomfrey pointed to the exit reluctantly. "You may leave."

Percy took his cape and wrapped it around himself. There were a few burned spots but nothing too bad and since everyone already knew what it could do, there was no point in hiding it anymore.

Percy walked out of the medical tent and went into the stadium. The entire place buzzing, people talking excitedly with each other. Percy couldn't help but eavesdrop on some of them.

"Did you see what he did?!"

"Like a freaking knight!"

"Dude, Fleur was the best, by far. If she was in Hogwarts she would be a Ravenclaw!"

"No! It had to be Potter! He went first so the crate thing must've been his plan. And did you see his broom skills?!"

"Why isn't the dragon moving mommy?"

Percy smiled at what he heard and kept walking.

Percy went up to the railings overlooking the arena below and noticed that the Hungarian Horntail was still there. It was sprawled out unconscious with it's tongue sticking out, snoring loudly. There were several dragon handlers surrounding the dragon, and they looked panicked.

'Looks like they might need help.' Percy levitated himself back into the pit. The dragon keepers looked up and stared in wonder as Percy's cape fluttered around him.

"Need some help?" Percy asked.

The head dragon tamer, a tall man with large forearms and thick red hair stood up. "Yes, please. What did you do to her?"