The Third Task / He's Back

Can I just say something quickly? This has been an adventure in the truest terms possible. Looking back on everything that has happened throughout this story in my life as well as the world, it's crazy. All I can say is thank you. Everyone who has read this story or supported me with votes, comments, and praise. You don't go unnoticed, trust me. I stare at all the stats on my stories when I upload a chapter. It's funny. I get upset when a chapter underperforms. I also smile and dance when one blows up (relative to my sort of measly reads).

I write mostly on mobile when I have free time, but went on my laptop one day just to try it and I was blown away by the statistics I was given. Seeing what countries my readers come from, age range, and gender percentages (of those who provided the info), really opened my eyes. We're all people who came together by MY doing?! It's almost surreal. No, I'm not crying right now.

So thank you reader for stumbling across my hopefully decent story. I know first hand that interacting with an author is sort of intimidating, but I just wanted to let everyone know that I am a normal guy. I'm human. I have feelings. I am a broke college student writing fanfiction. Most importantly, my inbox is OPEN! Anyone who wants to communicate whether it be about the story or anything else, let it rip. I want to get to know you, really! I'm going to make it a point from now on to try and stay connected to my fan base no matter what (and keep updating regularly. Sorry!)

Also please vote if you enjoyed it. Please. It helps my story reach more eyes like your own. Comment whatever you're thinking as well. Now enjoy!

Warning! This is a fairly dark chapter that portrays mental health!

...

"You say he just...walked out from the Forbidden Forest?"

Percy grumbled. "Yes. As I already clearly explained to you Professor Snape, Crouch just burst out of the Forest and started going on about needing Professor Dumbledore."

Snape circled Percy with an air of disbelief and caution. "And you have no idea on his whereabouts...these last few weeks?" It was well past dark by now and Snape was still insisting on questioning Percy, Krum, and Harry.

"That will be enough Severus." Dumbledore said as he walked out of his study and into his office. The usual twinkle in his eyes was not present. Dumbledore suddenly looked the part of an old man, haggard with regret.

"Albus, need I remind you we have no idea where Crouch has been all this time? And when he just suddenly appears, you don't want to ask questions?!" Snape was now all but yelling. His usual cold but calm demeanor had disappeared, being replaced with white-hot anger.

Percy curiously watched Professor Snape rub his left arm tenderly. He filed that information away for a later time.

"I am sure Barty will tell us all we need to know once he has rested... There is no need to confront your students when you know they are innocent." Dumbledore countered, the now-familiar sense of power radiating off of him in droves.

Snape glared at the Headmaster for a few moments before turning curtly out of the room without another word.

Dumbledore sighed and faced the group of students before him. "I'm sorry this has happened to you all. You are dismissed for the night."

Krum exited the room quickly while Harry and Percy began their walk to the common room. The trip back was largely a quiet one as both boys collected their thoughts.