9~ after the party

(Natalie pov)

It was 3am and people finally started leaving the party, mostly because they were drunk.

At 6am everyone left, but of course my friends stayed.

I didn't see Miley after the incident and I was sad she left because I wanted to have my answers I searched for more than 10 years.

Christina and Rei were cleaning up the living room while Noah and Varsha where in the kitchen. I was sitting on the couch with thoughts in my head.

Christina spoke up: "It may be your birthday, but at least help us clean up the mess?"

I didn't budge and layed down lazy.

Christina sighed.

"Where's Miley? That girl disappeared as soon as we stepped in the house." Rei asked.

I felt my heart beating faster.

"It's Riley, not Miley," I said making sure everyone knew, but they just rolled their eyes.

"Okay then, where the fuck is Riley?" Rei asked again.

"Are you surprised she's not here?" Noah asked.

Christina groaned, "I'm so done with her. I bet she didn't even stay at the party for one minute and just waited till we forgot about her."

It hurt me to know Riley didn't wanna come to the party. Was it because of me? Did I do something wrong?

"Yo, Nat! Do you and Riley have any bad relationship?" Varsha asked.

I shrugged, "Not that I know. We only text a few times, but we stopped doing that after she told me she wasn't going to attend my party."

"This bitch..." Christina cursed.

Then I remembered something.

"Though... She did tell me that I would meet someone there. I still don't know who."

"What? Who did she mean?" Varsha asked.

I shrugged.

"Lemme see your phone," Christina said.

I picked my phone and everyone sat next to me. Then I explained about the hints that Riley gave me and that I had no clue what she was talking about each time.

"That girl... Is fucking weird, what?" Varsha sighed confused.

Noah laughed, "She's amazing!"

Everyone looked confused at him.

"What do you mean?" Rei asked.

Noah stopped laughing, "You don't know? Okay come with me guys. Not you, Nat."

"Why not me?" I pouted, but Noah shrugged smiling. "Just because!"

(Third pov)

"Alright, what is so funny?" Varsha asked.

"Okay listen. Didn't Nat say that she had that one bff that disappeared for like- half her life? Well ever since Natalie joined the squad, Miley started acting very weird. She doesn't come to school anymore, she always wears masks. She made Nat believe that her name is Riley and not Miley."

Noah took a pause to chuckle.

"And then the messages they sent each other, the hints, it's very obvious: Miley is Nat's old friend!" Noah explained.

Then it hit the three.

"Aaah! That's why Miley wanted to wear a mask on Nat's birthday." Christina said.