12~ Explaining themselves

(Miley pov)
After the bell rung, I immediately ran out of the cafeteria. I prayed that Natalie met another friend called Miley and that she was looking for them and not me. But wait- wouldn't that be sad for me because Natalie then didn't remember me?

After school I dashi ran ran ran to the gates but I froze when someone yelled,

"Natasha!"

I was fuming and closed my eyes while turning around.

Aight, That's it.

"Listen. I don't fucking care who you are, but STOP CALLING ME NATASHA! Just because the popular girl Christina made that joke, doesn't mean it's funny for me! I just called myself Natasha so I could avoid my old childhood friend who I left for I don't know how many years! YOU SEE ME?! MY NAME IS MILEY! Do I need to spell it for you?! M-I-L-E-Y. MILEY! So stop calling me goddamn Natasha or Riley and instead take a good look at my face and scream MILEY-" I stopped talking when I opened my eyes.

Natalie stood in front of me with wide eyes.

"Oh- uh...hi...?" I stuttered.

Natalie didn't respond.

I fucked up.

"...bye!"

I wanted to leave, but Natalie grabbed my arm.

"You're not going anywhere," She whispered calmly. It made me scared to leave.

I'm going to die...

"Tomorrow after school you're going with me to my house. You better show up... Miley."

I nodded slowly, wondering what was going to happen.

All I could think about was that she was going to kick me till death and even after I die, still kicking me.

She still had my arm and was looking at my face the whole time. It was awkward for me, so I did what she did. I studied her face.

It really changed a lot, but I still remembered her. Her eyes, nose, cheeks. It was all the same. Her ears grew a little and her lips were bigger. She looked a lot more prettier now than when she was younger. You could say puberty smashed her hard in the face.

"It really is you..." Natalie said after a moment of silence. "I can't believe it's you."

I smiled a little, "Well it is me."

She sighed and pulled me into a hug, "I wanna scream at you, but let's do that later. I missed you."

I felt guilty. Of course I felt guilty for leaving my friend. I wanted to go back to the good times, but it wouldn't ever be the same again.

I hugged her back tightly.

"I missed you too," I whispered.

"Wanna be my girlfriend?" Natalie asked out of the blue.

"What?" I was shocked. Did she grow feeling for me?!

"You own me," Nat smirked.

"I-... O-okay?" I didn't feel the same, but if it made her happy then I'd gladly become her girlfriend.

~

The next day Natalie stared at me everytime she could. Even if I stared back, she didn't look away. It started to creep me out.

After school, I waited for Natalie at the gates, but it seemed like she was waiting for me since she already stood there when I arrived.

I didn't had the chance to say hi as she pulled me to her car.