31~ throwback at chapter 28

*a few days ago*

Miley was walking down the hall with sunglasses on. She was searching her friends but why did she have sunglasses on? Well, she was hiding from a certain person.

When she found her friends, she also saw Natalie. Miley immediately froze and turned around, accidently bumping her head on a locker.

"Ah... Not smart, not smart!" She hissed while rubbing her forehead.

Miley decided to not be obvious this time, slipping past her friends with a subtle manner. As she passed Christina, she suddenly grabbed her arm, eliciting a yelp from the latter. Without missing a beat, she ran away from the group, dragging her friend with her. The friends and especially Natalie looked very confused at their friend being pulled away by a stranger.

"Isn't that... Miley?" Varsha asked. Everyone shared the same look before replying, "Nahhhh."

"What the... fuck? Where the fuck? How the fuck?" Christina kept on asking while being dragged by Miley to another room.

The realization hit her that she was being dragged by a complete stranger, thus she shrieked, "WHO THE FUCK-"

"WILL YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP?! IT'S ME, MILEY!" Miley shouted when they were finally in a empty classroom. She removed her sunglasses and Christina looked at her carefully.

"Miley? Oh god, what did you do this time that you can't even face the others?"

Miley looked around her to see if someone could hear her. Declaring the room secure, she leaned into Christina, whispering afraid with blown scared eyes, "I think Natalie knows who I am..."

Christina waited for a few seconds before bursting out of laughter. "HAHAHAHAH OH, MILEY, YOU CLEARLY DON'T KNOW!"

"Chriiisssss, I'm serious! Natalie is mad at me because she knows!" Miley whined, but Christina kept on laughing.

"I can't-... I can't believe..." She managed to say in the midst of gasping air.

"Stop acting like you're being choked and confirm if I'm right or wrong!" Miley demanded. She knew Christina probably already knew about everything, but just kept it hidden. Later, Miley would surely confront her other 'friends' as she would like to quote.

Christina then immediately stopped laughing and pulled on a straight face. Yup, just like that.

"Yes, she knows. What are you gonna do about it-"

Christina startled mid-sentence as Miley suddenly screamed. "NO NO NO NO NO! THIS ISN'T TRUE!" She shouted while covering her ears.

Christina rolled her eyes. "Bruh it is. Now stop acting like a bitch and tell her the truth, she's been waiting for almost two weeks now."

"Oh, so it wasn't that long?" Miley asked, removing her hands from her ears.

Christina shrugged. "I meant that it has been two weeks since we all know that she knows. Maybe she already knew since the day y'all started texting."

Christina gave Miley an annoyed look, watching her as Miley's skin turned pale and her eyes rolled to the back of her head before collapsing on the ground.

"BRUH!" Christina shouted while pointing her arms at Miley who was on the ground.

Christina sighed for one more time before leaving the room, going to her friends who probably had a lot of questions.

~

The rest of the day, Miley couldn't face Natalie. She was scared, ashamed and felt guilty for hiding her identity for so long. At lunch, Miley stayed silent for the whole time, overthinking everything she did and said that were nothing but lies in Natalie's eyes. And to think Miley was convinced Natalie believed them all.