17~ ride to their date.

(Natalie pov)

Just the day after Miley asked me to go to a carnival with her, I started growing more insecure about myself. I suddenly realized how pretty Miley looked and it made me wonder if I actually deserved her.

It was the day where Miley would take me to a carnival and I should've been trying on clothing, but was instead staring at the mirror and poking my belly fat.

I looked so disgusting, ew.

"You going on a date?" My mom asked. I shook my head, "Not like that."

My mom came standing next to me. "What do you mean?", She asked and I sighed.

"I'm sure I'll be staying home if I look like this. Mom, why does puberty hate me!!!!" I whined. My mom just laughed.

"Are you implying I'm ugly? Because I made you."

I shook my head, "What? No, of course not! You're beautiful, but I'm not."

She grabbed my head and made me look at her. "Natalie, I don't know if you're serious, but you are not ugly. You're the most beautiful person I've seen... After your father of course."

I chuckled. "Thanks mom, but that doesn't really help. I still don't know what to wear."

My mom then pushed me on my bed and went to my closet, "Wait."

A few minutes later she came out with this outfit in her hands.

It looked so beautiful (A/N: Just imagine an outfit you want. I'm to lazy to look up for some.)

After I put it on, I looked in the mirror again and I felt... A little pretty.

"You're so pretty, my precious daughter!" My mom fangirled. "Your date must be the happiest person alive!"

"Oh, I hope so... Thank you! I feel better now. Can't believe I thought I was ugly when I look like THIS!" And I slapped my thighs.

"Periodt!!!" My mom laughed. "Now get going!"

"She's gonna come pick me up." I said, not noticing that I exposed my date being a female.

"She...?" My mom asked. I turned around, staring at her.

"Okay... That's new, I guess? Thought you were straight.", She admitted.

I laughed. "Never, mom. Never."

We heard the bell ring and and widened our eyes. "SHE'S HERE! WHAT SHOULD I DO?!" I panicked. "Okay, sweetie. Calm down! Calm down, it's gonna be just fine. Now let's open the door."

We went downstairs and opened to the door, revealing Miley. She widened her eyes and blushed. That was so cute!

Her eyes drifted up and down as if she was checking me out. After a while I felt shy and decided to speak up, "Hi!"

"U-uh... Hi. Uhm, are you ready?" She nervously asked. I smiled and nodded. "Bye, mom!" And left.

Inside, my mom's mouth was open from shock.

"Is that... ?"

~
(Third POV)

They were in the backseat of Miley's car with a dude driving in the front seat.

The car was filled with awkward silence before Natalie spoke up.

"So... How was it?"

"Hm?" Miley looked up.

"How was it without me all those years?"

"Oh... Uh..." Miley whispered. She didn't had to think twice before answering.

"Boring. I felt like a robot. I missed you so much, I couldn't sleep. I cried and cried and cried and i even hated my dad, but then i remembered I was the one who made the choice to go away, so I was the one to blame. So I ended up hating myself... For losing someone dear to me without noticing."

"The only thing that kept me up, was animals. They reminded me of all the animals we scared when we were younger, haha... So... That's basically one of the main reasons why I wanted to become a vet. So I could stay with animals, take care of them, heal my pain, too, but mostly... to make you proud. To show you I didn't forget about you and that I'm very sorry."

Miley ended with looking at Natalie who smiled at her.

"And you?", She asked. "Me?" Nat asked. Miley nodded.

"Well... Pretty much the same as yours, but... I kept waiting for you. I waited everyday from morning till noon for you. I thought you would eventually show up, but miss really moved to America." Nat chuckled.

"I thought you hated me and didn't wanna be my friend anymore and just left. I thought you disappeared or died. I thought god took you and send you to hell, bro. I thought everything that could've happened, but I didn't get an answer till now."

"I refused to make friends. I didn't want any, everyone who asked to be my friend, I rejected. I turned to a cold stone. Then I went to this school and I decided to change and try again. To move on, but that didn't happen."

"It doesn't matter, because I'm here..." Miley said and Natalie just smiled.

"No, I met Riley. We still didn't meet in real tho... But she really reminded me of you, turns out y'all family. I hope she'll do face reveal soon."

"Well... You just gotta wait, I guess."

"Lowkey wondering why she doesn't wanna show herself. No one's judging..." Natalie sighed.

"Have patience. It's way harder than it looks like, trust me..." Miley retaliated.

Natalie nodded slowly, still wanting to know what was so complicated for Riley to show herself.

Then silence took over for a few minutes, but it wasn't as awkward as the first time.

"Wanna eat cotton candy first-" Natalie and Miley said at the same time and then laughed.

"Man, we really are soulmates." Natalie chuckled.

"Yup..." Miley smiled.