Chapter 39

"Come in," I gestured before he walked into the lowly lit room that definitely showed what kind of state I was in. Rudy paid no attention to it though and sat on the end of my bed waiting for me to join. I stared for a few moments before sitting beside him. "What...."

"Alright, this is going to be a no bullshit conversation," Rudy cut me off, "I need to know what's going on, what needs to happen and how you can be helped. I am worried sick about you and I don't want you to lie to me."

Just at the sound of his voice made me break down when I thought I had no more left in me. Rudy sat patiently as I let it all out. I hiccuped a bit as I finally pulled myself together.

"Ro, I am your best friend, you can tell me what's going on. You don't have to do this alone," Rudy said calmly and put a hand on my knee.

I nodded taking a few more minutes as I tried to pull words together so that I could speak. "I'm just so tired," I croaked.

"Tired of what?" He asked.

"Everything, it's all become too much," I sighed heavily as the weight started to lift off my shoulders, "There's just so much wrong with me. I don't know what to do with myself. I'm just so tired and feel numb all the time," I started to rant as all the words finally came out, "I can't do anything right.Chase is mad at me. I don't know what my point in life is. We're gonna be finishing filming soon and we're all gonna go our separate ways and no one is going to want to stay friends with me. Who even knows what will happen next? This is my big break and I don't know why I was chosen for this, if this doesn't go well it'll be my fault and I'll be back to audition after audition. I don't know why anyone else would hire me, it's not like I'm good for anything...."

Rudy engulfed me into a hug to stop me from continuing any further with my endless rant. As soon as I felt his arms around me I breathed a huge sigh of relief as my head had finally felt somewhat cleared.

"We will always be friends, Ro. After this we can go on trips to see each other and we can facetime. You don't have to worry about that," he told me as he still held me tightly.

"I'd rather go to Alaska. It sounds more fun the New Jersey," I told him and he started to laugh which made me laugh. It was the first time weeks that I had genuinely felt happy.

"Perfect, I'll take you kayaking. We can also go on trips to go visit everyone else," he chuckled before pulling back but keeping a arm around my shoulders, "But for the rest of what you said, you are an absolute amazing person. You got this role because you worked hard and didn't give up. You got the role yourself and have been killing it ever since. In general, you're an incredible friend to be around and I love getting to hang out with you as much as we do. I'm so lucky that this show brought us together and I want you to know that I'll always have your back."

I leaned in again to give Rudy another hug as we sat silent for a bit, "Thank you," I said softly into his chest.

"It's no problem, I'm sorry if I was a bit harsh at the beginning," he apologized.

"No, it's okay. I needed that," I answered as we both pulled away and I wiped any stray tears from my eyes.

"Ro, what brought all of this on?" He asked and my eyes went to the floor.

"I don't know," I shrugged.

"Rosalie Grace, do I need to have another harsh talk with you?" He asked and I shook my head.

I got up and went to my go bag where I had left my phone. I sat beside Rudy again and brought up the text messages and scrolled to the top before handing it to him. I watched as he went through every message that I was sent from the unknown number. His face quickly started to turn red as he got to the more threatening messages. Once he had finished, Rudy threw the phone onto my bed before getting up to pace around the room.

"Who the fuck says that kind of shit?" He asked as I shushed him so that he wouldn't wake Maddie.

"I don't know, it started a little over a month ago and I haven't been able to figure out who it is," I answered, "I've been needing to change my phone number but I also can't block them since it's an unknown number."

"That's what you were asking about a few weeks back?" He asked and I nodded, "I wish you had told me then what it was...but I'm glad I'm able to help you now."

"There's more. I mean they're probably not all from that person but there's a lot of hate on social media too," I explained.

"Ro, you can't listen to the stuff that they say on there. It's all a bunch of crap. The people that post that shit have nothing better to do with their lives and will only bring you down," he told me and I nodded, "You're above them and for an amazing girl like you, they're always going to come after you but you need to remember your worth."

"Wow," I said stunned at his words.

"I think that's enough of my thoughtful words for tonight. Don't worry, Ro, we'll figure out who this is," he promised me,

"One thing," I stated, "Don't tell Chase what's going on exactly just yet. I wanna figure this out and if he's in on it he'll take it even more personal than you do."

"I can't agree with that, but it's up to you to tell him, so I won't say anything yet," Rudy sighed, "If it gets even deeper than it is right now, I will tell him."

I nodded in agreement.

"Just ignore all that stuff for a bit. Only go on your phone if you're talking to us or something. I don't want you to feel this way ever again," Rudy ordered and I nodded quickly.

I stood up wrapping my arms around his torso and hugged him tightly, "Thank you so much."

"It's no problem, Ro. I just want what's best for you," he said returning the hug, "Alright, I'm gonna head back since I have an early day tomorrow. If you need absolutely anything, just let me know."

"Thanks Rudy," I said before he left my bedroom. I felt lighter and somewhat happier than I had in I don't know how long. It was still going to be a bit before I could get back to what I was before all of this.

Rosalie
Thank you.

Chase Stokes
I knew it might be a bit easier for you to talk to him.

Rosalie
I'm sorry

Chase Stokes
There's nothing to be sorry for. Obviously like we've said a few different times, we did start this relationship kinda fast.
There will be moments where it might be easier to talk to someone else and that's alright. It's healthy to have other people to talk to. Just know that I'm here whenever you're ready to talk.

Rosalie
Thank you. I love you so much

I was going to be okay. Getting into this rut definitely blinded me to the support that I had around me. It felt like sometimes I deserved to be in this hole since I had dug my way in there. I had thought that my friends shouldn't be brought into the problems I had created, but they were also the ones that were going to help get me out.