Chapter 28

We were finally back in Charleston and had been able to get back to filming. Today was the first day back but the first few scenes of this episode were just Rudy. I was super excited for this episode as the characters were going to be celebrating Midsummers which was a fancy party that the kooks held every year in celebration at the start of the summer season. I was going to get to dress up for the party and even Maddie was too. That scene was going to be in two days. We were a bit behind on filming so we were going to do a few scenes over the weekend to catch up the time we had lost while waiting for the storm to pass. Luckily nothing was damaged too badly on the sets and we were starting to get back on schedule.

I was currently eating some cereal for breakfast trying to figure out what to do for today. We had the read through yesterday but my first scene of the episode wasn't until tomorrow. Maddie was still asleep when I finished and it seemed that Chase was too as he hadn't texted me good morning yet. Well if Rudy was filming today he was probably already gone meaning the front door was more than likely unlocked. I got changed quickly and put on a bralette along with an oversized t-shirt and shorts. Chase and I hadn't had any time alone together since we had gotten back from North Carolina to hang out so I was eager to see if he was interested in doing anything today.

I grabbed my keys and purse heading out the door and down the hall. I glanced around making sure no one else from our group was randomly coming out of their unit to catch me. I twisted the knob and sure enough the door was unlocked. Chase's door was closed so I opened it softly and dropped my stuff on the floor shutting it behind me and locking it to make sure no one would just randomly walk in. He was fast asleep curled up on his side. The comforter was pulled up to his chest but I could see he wasn't wearing a shirt. I tip toed over and crawled in beside him. We hadn't shared a bed yet but I assumed after the plenty of times that we had went to watch the sunrise and had fallen asleep that it would be okay. I pulled the blanket up and over myself as I lifted his arm to drape over my shoulders and I pulled myself into his chest wrapping my one arm around him to cuddle.

"Mm," Chase mumbled shifting around as I accidentally woke him up. He took one leg and entwined it with mine while pulling me in closer. "Hey beautiful," he said and I almost stopped breathing at the sound of his morning voice.

"Good morning," I smiled after realizing I hadn't answered.

"It is," he agreed shifting around a bit more before giving my a kiss on the top of my head, "How'd you get in here?"

"Maddie was still asleep and I knew Rudy had left already to film so I thought I'd sneak over and see if you wanted to hang out," I shrugged.

"Best idea ever," he chuckled, "What did you have planned?"

"Nothing actually. Which I'm pretty okay with," I answered.

"Me too," he agreed as we sat in silence. It was so nice just to be together, every second we got alone we were able to just relax and not worry about anything else. I felt Chase reach his hand to the hem of my shirt and reaching under to rub my back softly. I realized as his hand reached further with each second where this might lead and what I might have gotten myself into. I sighed also realizing that this could also lead me to falling back to sleep since it was so relaxing. Like I suspected he made it to my bra and he ran a finger under the band.

"Am I moving too quickly for us?" Chase asked and I giggled.

I pulled back so I could finally look him in the eyes, "Chase, I swear if I get uncomfortable or overwhelmed or anything, you'll be the first to know." At least I knew he was trying to be respectful as I thought back to the bathroom in the Airbnb and how he had made sure he wasn't pushing me too far out of my comfort zone.