Chapter 15

As we made our way back to the dance floor someone suddenly put a hand on my back and I let go of Elaine's hand. She was ahead of me and turned around to see what had happened. I raised my hand to push the person away when I came face to face with Rudy.

"What's up, good looking?" He joked as I lowered my hand.

"I thought you were a creeper," I shouted over the music.

"What are you doing here?" Elaine asked.

"Maddie said earlier that you might be coming here and we finished our golfing and thought we'd all come over," he answered.

"Where's everyone else?" Maddie asked.

"They're at the bar upstairs. I thought I might come and try to find y'all to let you know we were here," he told us.

"Well get us another round and meet us on the dance floor," she ordered.

"Yes ma'am," Rudy saluted before heading back upstairs. We headed back to the dance floor and Rudy came back with vodka sprites and handed them to each of us.

"Oh no, I've been mixing my liquors. Tonight is not gonna end well," I told them.

"Ro, you gotta stop worrying about everything. You'll be okay, besides now the guys are here and we can force Rudy to make sure you don't go home with a random stranger," Maddie said while putting her hands on my shoulders.

"Yeah, we have enough space too to bring y'all home. Have some fun and stop worrying about everything," Rudy told me.

"This is why I love him," Elaine said putting an arm around his shoulder.

We forced Rudy to hang with us which also warded off any other guys trying to dance with us. After a good half hour of dancing, Rudy finally convinced us to go sit down and take a break so we found an empty bench on the outer skirts of the room to relax.

"I shouldn't have worn these shoes cause now my feet hurt," I complained about my heels.

"You know it's great to dress up and all, but actually keeping up with it is hard work," Elaine agreed.

"Especially when the one person you want to notice you won't," I said not thinking about how Rudy was with us.

"Oh my god, not this again," Maddie sighed.

"I'm sorry it's just...I like him!" I fought back then looked at Rudy realizing what I said.

"I can't believe you just admitted that," Elaine laughed.

"What? I'm drunk," I shrugged.

"Are we talking about the fact that both Chase and Ro definitely have a crush on each other but won't admit it to the other?" Rudy asked taking a swig of his beer.

"I'm glad we're not the only ones that see it," Maddie answered staring me down as I put my head in my hands.

"Is it really that obvious?" I asked sighing.

"I mean I only can tell from being his roommate. I don't think the rest of the group would put two and two together," he answered.