Chapter 59

"I don't know if I can handle these nerves," I confessed as we all gather together the day before the release. We had the trailer pulled up on Netflix and I was staring back at my face on the cover page of the show.

"I don't think I'll be able to sleep a wink," JD agreed.

"Won't the show come out sometime during the night?" Maddie asked.

"Yeah it's at like one or two in the morning," Austin responded.

"Can we do something to distract us? Like let's go on a hike or something," I suggested.

"Aren't the trails closed?" Rudy asked.

"Where do you go, Austin?" Maddie asked.

"Yeah, there's like a side trail kinda near a neighborhood we can still take," he answered.

"Bet, let's go," JD agreed.

"Is this gonna be like our last hike?" Maddie whined.

"Only if you have that attitude," I shot back. Everyone went to change into hiking appropriate clothing before heading out.

The streets of Los Angeles were still incredibly empty. A complete ghost town. We pulled up in two cars to this neighborhood and parked on the street. There was a paved trail that went between some houses that led to to the hiking path along the somewhat small mountain I'd say. I wasn't sure exactly if their were a term for it.

"I feel like this is gonna be just like North Carolina," Maddie sighed before we made our way up the trail.

Austin led the way with JD followed by Drew and Maddie then Rudy and me. Chase followed at the back of the group. It was mainly just a gravel sort of trail zig zagging back and forth. There weren't too many other people on it either and those that were had kept their distance.

"How are you feeling?" Chase asked as we stopped to catch our breath and have some water.

I took a long swig from our water bottle and handed it to him, "Pretty decent. Haven't had this much of a work out in a bit," I laughed.

"Damn, we should have brought lunch. We could of had a picnic," Maddie suggested.

"Yeah, I'm starving," Rudy agreed. A few other agreed as well.

"Are y'all really about to turn back around for food?" Austin asked.

Maddie and Rudy turned towards each other and shrugged.

"Yeah, probably," Rudy nodded.

"We could go grab something and then picnic on the beach?" I offered.

"Yeah, let's do that," JD agreed.

"Wow, y'all are a waste of a hike," Austin shook his head.

"Hey now," Chase started.

We sat and caught our breath before making our way back down. It was only a 25 minute hike back down before we were back in the cars. Before that we had to decide where to order from and then order it for pick up as nothing was open inside. Everyone agreed on sub sandwiches so one car went to go pick them up and the other went to scout for a spot where there weren't many other people. Once we had picked up the food we made our way to the location of the other half of the group. They had found a bit of a grassy area just before the sand to lounge on. Everyone passed around their sandwiches and as we sat out in the sun.