Chapter 8

"Oh shit man," I heard Maddie's voice through our joining doors to the bathroom. I turned over in bed and my head started to pound a bit. I looked to my bed side table and saw that I had three empty water bottles. At least my drunk self could take care of me. I was still in my dress from last night. The clock said that it was 11am.

"You alive?" Maddie said walking in my bedroom before laying down beside me.

"Physically, yes. Mentally, no," I groaned. I grabbed my phone of the bedside table noticing a trash bucket beside the bed that was luckily still empty. My phone was flooded with texts from the group chat.

OBX Kids

Drew Starkey
Did everyone survive last night?

JD
Yeah, all thanks to me.

Austin North
Thanks Mama Duck 🦆

Chase Stokes
Lmao I'm dead ^

JD
You guys are so fucking annoying. I'm never gonna be DD again. It was like running my own daycare.

Rudy Pankow
Will you all shut the fuck up and stop blowing up my phone?

Austin North
Anyone hear from the ladies or did they not make it?

JD
I let them drown in the ocean.

Julia Antonelli
What the hell did you all do last night?

Drew Starkey
Basically died and came back to life. Still the best night tho.

JD
If any of them ask you to DD don't do it. Ever. Austin and Drew randomly wanted to go check out the beach. Chase tried to fight Ro who also almost face planted last night. It was a mess.

Julia Antonelli
Noted.

Rudy Pankow
This was how I found Chase this morning.

I set my phone down as my head hurt from the brightness of it

"I barely remember anything from last night," Maddie groaned beside me while scrolling through the group chat.

"Did we do secret shots?" I asked.

"We did. Oh my god, in the bathroom," she laughed.

"Loved it, but probably bad idea," I sighed pulling the blankets closer around me. We sat in silence and I think I almost fell back to sleep.