Chapter 49

"Why are you packing so much? Do you plan on spending the night at the restaurant?" Chase asked laying out on my bed as I went around the room packing my go bag.

"Chase, you don't understand. I need to be prepared for everything and anything. And it's not a lot, it's my make up for touch ups cause I'm for sure gonna cry and just other miscellaneous items," I shot back and he put his hands up in defense, "Shouldn't you be getting ready?"

"All I have to do is put on a shirt, pants and a tie," he answered.

"Don't you have to shower still?" I asked.

"Yeah," he nodded.

"And your outfit? I'm sure it's at the bottom of your closet crumpled up somewhere. You gonna iron that?" I asked.

"Damn, you're right," he said sitting up.

"I always am," I rolled my eyes. I walked past him to grab my small pack of tissues and shoved it in the purse.

"Hey, come here," he said grabbing my wrist before I could go anywhere else.

"What's up?" I asked as he guided me over to stand in front of him. Chase didn't say anything but rather wrapped his arms around my waist and stared up at me. I placed a hand on his shoulder and the other I ran through his hair, "What are you thinking about?"

"How I'm gonna miss this," he sighed.

"Ohh," I said, my face turning into a pout. I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him into me and holding him close, "We'll make this work."

"I know we will, but not getting to see you everyday will suck," he sighed.

"We'll FaceTime just like you said. And we can visit each other," I said running my fingers through his hair as we held each other close. We stayed like that for a moment and I glanced around at my now somewhat empty room. Most of my stuff was packed up in boxes and my suitcase. All that was really left was my bedding and toiletries. It was sad to see it so bare. This has been my home for four months and it felt like I had been here years. Chase pulled me into the bed so that we were laying side by side.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked returning the question.

"How so much has changed in just four months," I responded, "It feels like we've been here forever but also no time at all."

"It does feel that way," he agreed, "I'm glad we've been able to spend time together these last few days."

"Me too," I nodded. Since wrapping the show, Chase and I had spent as much time together as we could with the what we had left. Most of it was with the rest of the group, which we didn't mind. But we did have one last date night to ourselves last night where we went and had a picnic on the beach.

"Ro, can you help curl the back of my hair..." Maddie asked walking into the room, "Oh shit, did I ruin a moment?"

"It's okay," I laughed sitting up, "Chase was just leaving to go get ready."

"Apparently I have to iron my outfit to look presentable," Chase shrugged getting up from the bed.

"Chase, how old are you? And you're just learning that now?" Maddie crossed her arms.

"Maddie, I'm not an idiot, of course I know," he said passing her before standing in the door way.

"I'm sure you do," she said sarcastically.