Chapter 44

Chase Stokes
Date night???

Rosalie
What did you have planned??

Chase Stokes
Can you be ready in 15 min?

Rosalie
Oof, that'll be record breaking time.

Chase Stokes
Timer starts now

I ran to my closet quickly trying to figure out what to wear. I'm guessing something casual but still nice. I rushed through my closet and picked out a T-shirt and overalls going for a more casual look. I rushed to the bathroom and brushed out my hair, spraying a bit of dry shampoo before I threw on some light make up. There was a knock at the door and I grabbed my sneakers running to the door.

I opened it quickly and Chase stood with a bouquet of flowers, "I did it in time. I'm ready to go," I said letting out a breath as I had been rushing for so long.

"Are you going to leave without shoes on?" Chase asked giving me a once over.

I shook my head opening the door further for him to come in, "Well you gave me fifteen minutes so I think this is pretty good."

I slipped on my shoes and tied them, taking the flowers from Chase to put into a glass. "Thank you for these," I said giving him a quick peck.

"Of course. Anything for my girl," he smiled.

After I put the flowers in water I grabbed my purse and we headed out the door, "So what's the occasion?" I asked as we walked hand and hand through the lobby, "Why are we going out? Or more of where are we going?"

"Rose, you should know this by now. I don't answer questions," he smiled squeezing my hand and I rolled my eyes, "But to answer one. I just wanted to get out. You and I haven't had any time together as of recently."

"I gotta come up with some ideas for dates. You're always the one planning," I said as we stepped outside and both slipped on our sunglasses

"That's okay. We got plenty of time," Chase smiled which made me think of our conversation from a few days ago. He opened the door for me as we made it to his truck and I hopped in. He pulled out of the parking lot and we were on our way to the unknown location.

"How's your few days off been?" Chase asked as he drove.

"Not too bad. Pretty boring," I shrugged.

"Hear anything from asshat?" He asked.

I laughed, "No, absolutely nothing."

"Good," Chase nodded.

"I can't believe you two still," I shook my head, "How did I ever get so lucky?"

"I'd say I'm the lucky one," he smiled glancing at me for a quick second and rubbing his thumb against my hand.

A little while later we pulled in front of a building that had what looked like a dome roof, "What is this place?" I asked.

"You'll see. Come on," Chase said as we both got out of the car. He led me to the entrance and we walked inside and there was a counter where a woman sat. "Can I get two tickets for maybe two hours for now? If we need longer, I'll come back."