Chapter 25

As much as I wanted this kiss to last forever we both pulled away leaning our foreheads together.

"I think we might have the same confession," Chase said finally after a few seconds of silence.

I nodded as we both took a step away, "I think so too."

"How long have you known?" He asked, which I was guessing meant how long had I known I liked him.

"I think from when we went out the second time to the bar. When you carried me to the car and let me fall asleep on your shoulder," I answered remembering how the next day I had contemplated if it had meant anything, "But also our first day of work when you had been so nice to me making sure that I wasn't nervous at all. What about you?"

"I don't even know. I remember seeing you in that restaurant our first night and thinking you were definitely the most beautiful girl I had ever seen in my life," Chase confessed as I felt my face turn red.

This meant that he had feelings for me before I even had noticed any feelings I had for him. Which also meant I had been stressing over absolutely nothing.

"I had thought I had confessed to at least having a crush on you the night after we went to the club but you were too drunk to remember anything the next morning," Chase laughed as we both leaned against the railing.

"I contemplated telling you that night too so if you didn't feel the same I could just blame it on being drunk and just act like I forgot," I smiled.

"It sounds like we were both stressed over nothing," he said tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear, a gesture I was not yet used to between us. Just his touch made my heart soar.

"Definitely, all the girls said I was dumb for not saying anything to you but I just wasn't ready, plus I had just gotten out of my relationship and didn't want you to think that you were a rebound," I shrugged fidgeting with my hands.

"Rudy said I was dumb as well," he added.

"You've been talking to Rudy too?" I asked surprised.

"I guess we are really as oblivious as they said," Chase grinned, "I just didn't want to say anything and then you end up rejecting me..."

"And making the rest of the summer awkward," I finished.

"Exactly," he nodded.

"What do we do now?" I asked turning towards him.

"I'm willing to try this out if you are," Chase answered taking a step closer to me as we both stared at each other.

"Me too," I nodded, now smiling and realizing that I no longer had to have the weight on my shoulders from the stress I had had around Chase. All that I felt was a massive amount of butterflies in my stomach as I watched him lean down once more and lightly connected our lips again. I had originally thought our on-screen kiss was the absolute best one I had ever had. But now being able to know that he was truly wanting to return the kiss and it wasn't just acting it was a million times better.

"Are we going to go in there and tell them?" Chase asked pulling away once more.

"I don't want to. Not yet. I'd rather be able to have our own thing without the stressors of the rest of them knowing," I answered truthfully. I knew our friends would be happy for us but I wanted to be able to have it between just us and make sure it was something we both truly wanted. Telling our friends and then the possibility of it not working out would just make it all even more awkward if something were to happen.

"We'll just wait and see what happens," he agreed and I nodded.

"We should probably go back in there before they realize we're both gone," I noted taking a glance around the deck towards where the backdoor was.