Chapter 54

"I love you," I said softly while still holding on tight to Chase.

"I love you too," he chuckled, "Are you surprised?"

"What? Was that reaction not good enough for you?" I asked pulling away.

"Nah, it was perfect," he smiled giving me a peck on the forehead.

"I can't believe you're here," I said still in disbelief that this was even happening, "You were here for the entire show?"

"Yeah, and you did amazing," Chase smiled, "I loved every bit of it. I got you these partially for the show but then also for our anniversary.

"I can't believe it," I repeated, taking the flowers from him. We pulled away and Chase walked around the end of the barrier to grab the belongings I had left on the ground.

"It was hard to pull off but your reaction made it all the more better," he smiled throwing my duffel over his shoulder, "Where do you wanna go?"

"Shit, I don't know. I had nothing planned except to sleep," I replied.

"Are you hungry?" He asked and I nodded, "Let's go find some food."

Chase reached for my hand and I took it quickly to follow along beside him. We passed what was left of the crowd and made our way to the main strip where their were restaurants lining the streets. I kept staring at his profile as we walked still in complete awe that this was real.

"Take a pic it will last longer," Chase joked, noticing my staring.

"I just can't believe it," I squeezed his hand.

"How can I convince you?" He laughed.

"I don't know. I literally had no idea whatsoever that you would be here," I shook my head.

"Well that's the whole part of a surprise," he smiled and I rolled my eyes.

"You get what I mean," I bumped shoulders with him. We found a diner near by and decided to go there. We were sat at a table and grabbed a seat beside each other.

"It's a lot colder up here then down in Georgia," Chase noted as we both shrugged off our jackets.

"Yeah, it's been pretty gross as of recently but it's supposed to snow soon," I responded.

"Maybe we'll get snowed in," he joked, reaching for my hand that rested beside his on the table.

"I would love that," I smiled gripping his hand tightly. At any moment I could wake up and this could have all been a dream. We caught up and talked about all that we'd be doing the last few months. Of course, we already knew most of what was going on in each other's lives, but hadn't much time to just sit and talk. Usually it was always a time crunch trying to FaceTime in between work and our different schedules.

"You're really letting your hair grow out," I laughed reaching for his hair that was all messy from being in his beanie.

"You like it?" He smiled.

"I mean...it's a mess, but it's nice," I responded clasping my hand back with his.

"Ouch," he said acting like he was hurt.

"What do you look like with short hair?" I asked.

"Probably proper," Chase replied and I giggled.

"Yeah, probably not like a beach bum," I agreed.

"Wow, I come here to surprise you and you just make fun of my hair, yet again," he grinned.

"I didn't say it looked bad, I just said it looked a mess," I shrugged taking a sip of water.

"Well you look the exact same," he responded and I laughed.