Chapter 56

As much as I had hoped everything was going as planned, in a month it all slowly went to shit. It all started off with a phone call from Liz and it went downhill from there.

"They had to cancel the production of the film because of everything that's been going on with the pandemic," She told me, "I'm not sure if the film is completely cancelled or postponed but they haven't given me an update."

I sighed softly rubbing my temple with my finger tips. I had just finished closing out West Side Story a few weeks ago when it all took a turn for the worse. Everything seemed to be closing down in preparation for what was possibly going to be a lockdown. There wasn't any word on whether our press tour was cancelled or not but I didn't have very high hopes for it.

"I'm sorry, Ro," Liz apologized.

"It's okay, you couldn't have planned for this," I shrugged, "We didn't know this would happen. Have you heard anything about press?"

"I haven't yet. From the looks of it, I'm thinking it's going to be cancelled as well," she confessed and I sighed, "We'll work it all out. There's nothing to worry about."

We finished our conversation before I hung up. There was plenty to worry about. What was I going to do? Everything was closing and I had no idea how long it would be for it to be normal again. It felt terrifying not knowing what would happen next or how long this would last. Stores were running out of stock of all supplies. The country hadn't completely closed down as of yet but it seemed like it was on the route.

I got up from my bed and went downstairs to tell my mom the news.

"I'm so sorry, sweetie. I know you were looking forward to all those plans," she said softly as she wrapped her arms around me.

"I just don't know what to do," I said into her shoulder, trying to hold back the tears, "It was all going so well too."

"I know it was, but you'll bounce back, you always do," she responded.

"But we don't even know when that'll be," I sighed.

"That's why we'll take it day by day. Don't think about all the negativity that is coming from this. Think about all the positive," she told me.

I couldn't think of anything positive coming from this situation but I didn't want to keep being so negative towards my mother. In the end, she usually was right and I guess I'd just have to take it day by day. A few stray tears fell down my face as we stood in the kitchen embraced.

My mom pulled away and wiped away the few tears, "It'll all work out, sweetheart."

I nodded rubbing my eyes and trying to calm myself down.

"Have you talked to Chase?" She asked.

I shook my head, "I haven't yet."

"Why don't you give him a call? Maybe that'll make you feel better," she suggested.

I agreed and left going back up to my room. I wasn't sure if it would help as now I wasn't sure when I would see him again. What if we did go into a lockdown? What if we weren't able to see each other?

I grabbed my phone dialing his number but it went to voicemail. He was finishing up the last of his filming this week as they rushed to get it done in case we did go into lockdown. Before I could rack my brain with any other thoughts I dialed the second number.

"Hello?"

"Hey," I answered.

"Ro, what's wrong?" Rudy asked sensing the sadness in my tone.