Chapter 60

I walked quickly down the street as I made my way to the grocery store. There were a bit more people out then there had been a few months back. Obviously everyone was wearing masks and social distancing. This is what had become the new normal. It was weird at first but now it seemed like this is all that it ever was.

The grocery store wasn't too crowded either. I grabbed a cart and pulled out my list of groceries that I needed for dinner. I had planned to make some grilled chicken with rice. I hadn't decided what to make for dessert yet.

I walked down the aisles grabbing what I needed and threw it into the cart. I stood at the coolers filled with chicken breasts trying to decide what size would work best.

"Excuse me."

I turned and found two teenage girls standing a few feet away from me.

"Are you Rosalie Westford?" They asked.

I smiled though they couldn't see it behind my mask, "Yes I am!"

"Do you mind if we got a picture with you?" The one girl asked.

"Of course!" I nodded enthusiastically.

They turned quickly and held up their phone for selfie, making sure to maintain their distance. I held my hand up in a wave as they took it. 

"We absolutely love you in Outer Banks," the other girl exclaimed.

"Oh, thank you so much!" I responded.

"We're really hoping that you guys get picked up for season 2. We love yours and Chase's relationship," they told me.

"I hope so too! Fingers crossed!" I said excitedly. We talked for a bit longer before they scurried off.

It was weird getting recognized in public especially while wearing a mask too. Now everyone knew who I was. The show had completely blown up. I obviously had faith in it but also didn't want to get my hopes up in case it wouldn't have worked out. It became the number one watched show on Netflix for a few weeks and it was all absolutely crazy to me. It was also so weird cause it felt like nothing had changed. With the pandemic, it blew up all over social media rather than in person. Though we still got recognized in public.

It was absolutely surreal and watching the release with my friends was crazy and seeing the show in its entirety. We had gained a huge following and it felt like anywhere I went on social media, they were talking about Outer Banks. People knew who I was and it was somewhat weird because they learned everything about me so quickly and we were all put in the limelight after it had blown up.

I realized I hadn't yet picked what chicken I wanted so I grabbed one and left so I didn't look dumb standing there starting at the meat. After I checked everything off my list I headed for the check out and then loaded everything into my car. The streets of LA were now a bit busier than it was when in first came here but still not as nearly bad as it once was. It didn't take me too long to get home before lugging up there groceries to the empty apartment. I tidied up around and made sure everything was spotless. After taking a quick shower and fixing up my make up, I got started cooking and getting everything prepared for dinner. It was still a bit early out but I didn't want to wait any longer.

The silence in the apartment annoyed me so I grabbed a speaker and put on some soft music to fill the air. I seasoned the chicken and threw it in the oven. While waiting on that I changed quickly into my mid-thigh length silk dress that hung low in the front. I did a once over my hair making sure it didn't look like a mess before heading back to the kitchen. This time, putting on an apron so that I wouldn't mess up the dress. The rice was finished a little while later and the chicken was good to go. I set the table for two and lit some candles in the middle to set the mood.