Chapter 26

The next morning I lounged out by the pool waiting for the hungover friends to wake up. I really hadn't slept much last night, like I had predicted. I had ended up falling asleep around two or three and then ended up waking up at eight and going for a run. Lilah and Julia were up next and came down in their swimsuits to lay out with me.

"I figured all the sober ones would be the first to wake," I laughed as they made it over to me.

"Makes the most sense. It seemed like both Maddie and Elaine made it through the night without dying or anything," Julia told me.

"That's good," I said as they sat down beside me, "We figured today was probably going to be a chill day so that those who are most likely hungover can relax."

"But you know they'll probably be at it again tonight," Lilah grinned.

"Yeah, you're right," I nodded. We laid out in the sun and it wasn't for another hour that anyone else came out. JD came out and said that Austin and Drew were inside eating breakfast and he hadn't seen Maddie or Elaine yet. Chase texted me asking if I was awake yet and I told him where we were at and that he could join us if he wanted. Honestly it was fun to have our own little secret that no one knew about. It just made it kinda adventurous sneaking around or just acting natural around each other so that no one would catch on.

"Good morning," Chase walked out and sat at the pool's edge sticking his feet in.

"Morning, sir," JD told him.

"Wait, guys, Fourth of July is next week," Lilah said sitting up, "We gotta plan something."

"It's about to be July?" JD asked.

"Where has the time gone?" I shook my head.

"We gotta get fireworks so we can blow shit up," Chase said turning to us.

"It's the only day that it's actually acceptable," JD agreed.

They started looking up places that they could go to buy fireworks.

"Boys always want to blow stuff up," Julia shook her head and I laughed.

"I can't believe we've all been together for over a month," I sighed.

"Like Elaine said yesterday, I don't even want to think about the end of the summer," Lilah answered.

"Me either," I said and it was true. I looked over at Chase while him and JD discussed their plans. Obviously this was something we were going to have to discuss, but we were still figuring out what exactly we wanted to be. Would Chase want to stay with me even after we finished filming? I don't know if he'd want to do long distance or if this was just going to be a summer fling. Before I went through the dark never ending hole of overthinking,
I stopped myself. We literally just decided to see if this would work, let's get through that before we start making any future plans.

Lilah tried to teach me and Julia a dance that she had learned on this app but it was too fast for me and detailed. I gave up after a bit before deciding to lounge in the pool. There was a mesh lounger that would float around. I got into it and kept my heel on the edge so that I wouldn't float away.

"The next season of Stranger Things comes out next week," I heard Julia say.

"Oh my god, that's my favorite. We gotta rewatch the seasons prior though so I can remember everything," I said opening my eyes and facing them.

"I'm so down," Lilah agreed.

"We are going to binge watch it all before it comes out," Julia said, "And the whole new season too."