Chapter 76

Jimison's eyes suddenly snapped open, a groan slipping from his throat. Looking at his arms and legs another groan escaped his mouth, he was on a bio-bed. Once had been enough, these things were intolerable.

A movement next to him drew his attention. The Oriental female he saw, immediately triggered a memory within him. "I have met you before. I believe that you are the colonel's mother. Are you Dr. Dempsy?"

A small smile, then a nod came from the female. "I am, Doctor Akira Dempsy. You are lucky young man that I was present during the challenge. I don't think the machines would have discovered what had happened in time."

"Yes," Jimison answered. "I was not fast enough, though I did accomplish what I set out to." When Akira looked at him a little confused Jimison continued. "I saved my future mate though, from all I heard, she wasn't the target."

Akira nodded her understanding, "You displayed far more honor than one, not of the art usually do. I am sure that your mate was just as proud, though I am afraid that you will be scarred for life."

Jimison nodded his head, "I had thought as much, it was a sacrifice that I feel was well worth it."

Akira's face held shock a moment then she smiled broadly. So, she thought, there were those that still wore their scars as a sign of honor. This was surprising, a welcome change from the 'norm' as many would say.

"It is a pleasure to here one as young as you say this, I had thought that you were like most. Being ashamed that your skin was damaged or scarred. As a warrior, a great warrior, it is almost expected that this would happen." Akira said as she watched Jimison's reaction.

Jimison was nodding his head the whole time. Looking up he saw Akira momentarily watching him. "I have to agree, for someone who has been a soldier a... warrior almost all my life." Here Jimison was silent in thought. "I don't see how I couldn't be without them." Jimison was confused a moment when Akira's face broke into a broad smile.

"I am glad that you feel that way, I am sure that there are others that will be glad to hear it also." Akira said as she nodded to the open doorway.

There in the doorway stood Colonel Dempsy, standing beside his soon to be mate, Difina. Difina briefly looked at Akira with a slight smirk, then a nod.

Rushing from Dempsy to Jimison, one could almost see a glow radiating from her. "It is good to see that you are not ashamed of who you are. I an even more honored to be your future mate. I have been talking to your master, I think that we both need to learn as much as we can, before we return to Kandria."

Jimison looked at Difina with a confused look, " you mean the home world of the Delcron Empire?"

Difina looked deep into Jimison's eyes as she nodded giving him a toothy smile.

Jimison looked at Dempsy, "Do we have that much time?"

Dempsy came forward stopping beside Difina. "No, I am afraid we do not. Though I watched to duel between the both you. You have improved in many facets of the art form. More advanced training should be possible. I first though, have to clear it through you, then her father and the commander. Then I have to receive permission from my clan leader, the planet leader. Onai has already agreed."

Jimison was nodding through all this 'til Dempsy finished. "I would love to learn more, that way I could be of more use when I am on her planet."

This of course received a low growl from Difina. "For now, mate, while you are hurt, I will forgive such remarks. Later, I will have to 'teach' you a lesson for saying such nonsense. NEVER, think you are useless, you are a hero to a great many on my planet."