Chapter 21

List of Ships/Names:

-------------------------------

0001 - Tempro;

0003 - Conner;

0098 - Lucy (missing);

0101 - Shelby (mother ship);

0798 - (still growing);

0999 - Zan;

1000 - Sherry

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Sherry?! You were called Sherry?" Still somewhat in shock Derrick could only stare at the hologram of the young woman.

"Why yes Sire," the slender brown haired teen replied. "Is there something wrong with that name? I can change it for you Sire. What is your command for me? I am anxious to once again serve the empire and you my lord."

"No Sherry, there is nothing wrong with the name; it is a proud and honorable name. It also happens to be the name of my mother, wear it with pride." Sherry looked at Derrick her face beaming, to be given a name by the emperor was one thing but to have the same name as the Imperial mother was an honor she was hoping she could live up to.

"Yes Sire I will, I hope that I can live up to the name of the Imperial mother. You have honored me by allowing me to keep it, thank you." Sherry said tears now starting to form in her eyes as well as Zan's.

"I also thank you Sire, you do both of us a great honor allowing her to keep the name." A now widely smiling Zan told Derrick.

Derrick waved a hand to quiet them before they said more, "I consider it an honor that you allow me to be your emperor. We still have much to do before..."

"Sire!" Conner broke in excitement in his voice, "I just finished going through the readings we took near the galactic rim. I believed I picked up several signals with the new equipment and settings you gave me. I am even able to accurately predict where the brain boxes will be!"

Derrick jumped up and ran to the console, "Show me!" He commanded. As the blips started to show up Derrick counted at least twenty. Of those he quickly dismissed 10 of them as energy anomalies, rubbing his chin then his leg Derrick found this most helpful. "Alright I want you to continue to track these ten the others will show you what not to look for."

Bowing low Conner's wide grin was infectious as in a moment almost all of the holograms were also smiling. This was the best news they'd had in quite a while. Derrick was thinking for a few minutes, they had time; Mary could handle things a little longer. "Mary?"

Appearing a moment later Mary stated, "Yes Sire?" She could almost see what the emperor had in mind from the look on his face. "I take it you are going after more of the ships?"

"Yes we have ten good solid readings we need to check out, we need as much of the fleet as we can get if we are to re-establish the empire." Derrick informed her.

Sighing she didn't like it but she couldn't disagree with him either, "Yes Sire, I agree whole heartedly, remember Sire there are still forces out there that wish to remove you from the throne. Please exercise more caution this time before you bring more of them on board."

"Of course Mary, I am far more careful than I was when we started this, you know that." Derrick told the hologram hoping she'd believe it.

Mary only smirked at Derrick, "Yes Sire I know that you will put you self in harm's way to save the ships. Please Sire; don't make me have to administer shock to you again to keep you safe. I find it most distasteful but I will if it means your safety."