Chapter 11

Derrick was about to go nuts, for several days he'd been restricted to the bio-bed. Now that it had released him, Shelby was always near him watching him like a hawk. Damn! He couldn't even go to the bathroom without her being there watching every move that he made. Even though she wasn't actually alive as a corporeal being, she was still alive and Derrick was still embarrassed.

Trying his best to hide his embarrassment, it still didn't go unnoticed by Shelby. In all actuality, she found it rather cute. Rubbing his leg Derrick thought about everything that had happened this week, with any luck from now on, with things moving forward, his and the ships luck would change.

Laughing a moment Derrick could only shake his head yeah right! Since when had luck ever really been on his side? All the 'miraculous' saves during his missions during the war had been his feelings of the situation from all the Intel he had. He had almost all the Intel here or so he thought, so why in the hell did he feel as if he was lost adrift on an ancient sea with nothing to guide him or steer?

Shelby looked on; starting to see a change in Derrick was she crowding him too much? Backing off a little Shelby was really worried about Derrick; she knew that he was a lot further from the horrors of the war. She was still scared that they might resurface and she could lose him again.

Touching her lips she thought of the kiss that she and Derrick had shared on the dream field. She'd never experienced anything like that. Honestly, she had to admit she had found that she had more than liked it and was almost willing to do anything to experience it again. Shaking her head, she knew she could never do that to him, if anything it would drive him further from her. Suddenly shocked she began to think, 'am I in love with him? I can't be sure I've never experienced anything like it before.'

Backing off farther, she had to know, she had to talk to Mary again before she did anything even remotely resembling feelings. Looking away she received an update on Tempro, "Derrick, I am detecting Tempro is almost complete." Shelby let him know as she moved to the sensor array to begin taking readings for Derrick. Derrick looked out at the now enormous ship well over five and one half miles long, strange Derrick thought there were an extra five sets of fins fore and aft, as if there weren't enough but these extra ten sets were leaving Derrick stumped.

Derrick had been reviewing all the new information that had been downloaded into his head, true he had a lot more clarity. True he was able to formulate much more complicated plans; problem was they were still somewhat jumbled.

"Shelby, how long..." Derrick started.

"I should be complete within two days Primary, please do not worry, as I said I have carried the message for well over one thousand years. I don't think two more days will make a difference." Tempro broke in. Damn it, Derrick thought he's as bad as Shelby is. "No Primary I am not as worried about you as Shelby is, but I am worried that you will lose your confidence, before you hear what you need to hear." Derrick's eyes rose, 'hmm' he thought holding his thoughts tight, 'so obviously the contact with Tempro's library has forged another connection, great!'

Shelby was trying her best not to giggle she had learned not to react as much when she heard Derrick's thoughts. Obviously she was going to have to teach Tempro the same thing. Though for now she felt better that she wasn't the only one that could 'hear' Derrick.

Mary appeared a moment later, "My lord all the changes you wanted have been completed, should I send another warning to the silly president of the republic?" Derrick thought a few moments then a wicked smile lit up his face, Mary saw it and also started to smile. She'd studied all she could on Derrick, especially after the healing Shelby had done she could tell this was going to be good.