Chapter 43

ship# - ship name - prime

0001 - Tempro

0003 - Conner

0097 - Ace - Zimmel

0098 - Lucy

0101 - Shelby (mother ship) - Derrick

0125 - Lars

0200 - Ellen

0301 - Rodrick

0403 - Johnathon

0667 - Marco - Brown

0778 - Jan

0798 - Celeste - Shelby (human)

0908 - Tara - Mara

0999 - Zan

1000 - Sherry - Lucie (for the moment)

Derrick had spent the next few days crawling around the internal spaces of Shelby's computer systems. At least now she had minimal propulsion and at least a fifty percent light shield. Still he hadn't been able to get her holo-systems to boot up yet, though as she had informed him she was in the process of the re-gen of it now.

Derrick had started to listen to the first emperor's speeches. The man was brilliant as far as Derrick was concerned. Though Derrick wished he could advise the man he knew to do anything to warn the man would lead to disaster. Sighing he started to replace another ruined circuit panel when he received a shock not paying attention.

Shaking his hand to get the feeling back he pushed the circuit into place. A moment later there was a hum then Shelby appeared beside him. "Now that's more like it!" Derrick said as Shelby smiled.

"I'm am so happy you find me to still be as beautiful as the first time we met Derrick!" Shelby giggled.

"I have always found you gorgeous Shelby. I just wish we could get you up and running." Derrick said with a sigh.

"The areas you repaired today have enabled my holo system. I am also reading an increase in the re-gen cycle. Ah! Derrick I am finally able to access my hyper space engines. Also I was wrong about the launching of the other ships as I remember there was a problem with Tempro that delayed the launch another two weeks." Shelby informed Derrick.

Nodding Derrick went back to work; they would need everything working when they finally found a way back. Going over all the repairs he'd done so she could take over, Derrick decided it was time he looked at the trans-warp re-gen part of the Matrix. Opening that part of the system he shook his head every part of it was dark and dead.

Damn it! Derrick was going to kill that son of a bitch if it was the last thing he did! Yanking out the first of what had to be over a hundred complicated systems Derrick started in on the system.

________________________________

Kimison was finally starting to feel better as he pushed his way up to the surface. Opening his eyes he was in the med-bay what the hell? Looking around he had to do a double take when he thought he saw Rayburn sitting at a table nearby.

"I thought you were gone for good." Kimison croaked out as he tried and failed to rise off the med-bay table.

"I was, then Mary told me that you had collapsed, that there was no one to get to you. She also told me that Tempro couldn't use the IMT where you are. I figured you were trying to kill yourself, so I came back, temporarily." Rayburn advised Kimison

"Look," Kimison croaked, "I didn't want you to go ok? You did that all on your own."

"I felt it was what you wanted after you withdrew from me and the work we were doing. What the hell was I supposed to think?" Rayburn shot back his ire starting to rise a bit.