Chapter 7

Derrick jerked awake as the proximity alarm began to wail, "Shelby report!" Derrick shouted.

"I am reading multiple ships heading in this general direction," she reported.

"Configuration," I shouted as I ran to the bridge.

"I am reading at least four; first class Ranger ships, closing on our location." Shelby replied.

Damn it! First class? Plus there was the fact that there were four of them? They weren't playing this time these were the finest ships they had. Heavily armored, heavily laden with weapons, if the EIG ships were to engage the ranger ships right now they might have a chance to defeat them though Shelby was almost at full capacity.

"Status of all re-gen," Derrick asked as he began to pull up readings.

"At present, I am now hyper-drive capable, I estimate another forty seven hours, thirty three minutes 'til I am trans-warp capable. I also estimate I have the highest light shield ability now at sixty percent." Shelby reported.

"Conner," Derrick asked.

"I now have all weapons available though, not at full power it will take another four days twenty three hours 'til I have full power to weapons. I estimate another twenty three hours thirty two minutes 'til I am trans-warp capable, though hyper-drive will still remain off-line. I am happy to say I do have sub-light engines and I have fifty five percent light shield." Conner said.

"Lucy," Derrick asked turning his attention to the other female ship.

"Yes Primary, I will require another three days, twenty three hours, thirty one minutes 'til I am hyper-drive and trans-warp-drive capable," Lucy sadly said. "I am also sub-light capable, and am fifty five light-shield capable."

"Zan any change in your condition?" Derrick asked.

"I am afraid not Primary, both my reactors and generators are only forty percent repaired, I require another day to have partial sub-light engines. The rest of my engines will take the full six days to re-grow. I am glad to report that I now have twenty five percent light-shield though for these Rangers that, I fear, will be ineffective," Zan replied.

"Alright, it appears that we are a hell of a lot better off than we were when we got here yesterday. Shelby I will need you to extend your light shield over Zan, I realize it won't afford much cover but it might throw them off long enough to get Conner's trans-warp online." Derrick stated.

"Primary," started Conner, "I foresee another problem. With the loss of my reactors I won't have enough power to take more than two."

"Shit," Derrick cursed, "I forgot to factor in the power constraints! We can do this if it comes to that, Conner you'd take 0001 and Zan. Shelby would be able to use her hyper-drive more effectively with two ships less to tow. I want you to go over everything Shelby I want you ready if and when the time comes for all of us to run."

"Yes Derrick, I am already running a full diagnostic on all systems that would be affected. I am also running one on all other systems to make sure there is nothing else wrong." Shelby said as the program started to detect anything that might be wrong.

"Good, remember all of you, I DO NOT want you firing on them, as I said before they are about the only law enforcement besides us. Though of course we are still un-sanctioned, and will be for short time." Derrick stated.

"Time...," Derrick began.

"I estimate at their present speed, they should reach our position in one day, one hour, twenty nine minutes, thirty nine seconds," Shelby reported.