Chapter 53

0001 - Tempro

0003 - Conner

0097 - Ace - Zimmel

0098 - Lucy

0101 - Shelby (mother ship) - Derrick

0125 - Lars

0200 - Ellen

0301 - Rodrick

0403 - Johnathon

0667 - Marco - Brown

0778 - Jan

0798 - Celeste - Shelby (human)

0908 - Tara - Mara

0999 - Zan

1000 - Sherry - Lucie (for the moment)

______________________________

Derrick was floating, 'where in the hell am I,' he thought. Last thing he remembered he was in the damnable bio-bed. Trying to move his arms and legs provided him with a moment of panic as neither would move! 'Ah crap,' he thought, 'what had happened now?'

Mita Shiloh was a little worried about the readings that she understood. Apparently Derrick wasn't in that good of shape. His whole nervous system was reacting violently to whatever he'd been exposed to. "Can this med station drain excess energy from the body?" She asked of Tempro. "According to what I am seeing his entire system is going into shut down."

A shocked Tempro appeared seeing that what she had stated was in fact true. "I am initiating energy drain procedure now. Thank you Mrs. Shiloh," Tempro said hanging his head. "I'm afraid that had you not discovered this he might have ceased. Are you a Doctor of biological entities?"

Mita shook her head no as she watched the critical readings start to decrease. "No, Tempro is it?" When Tempro nodded she continued. "I was new to nursing when I met Gunter. I had volunteered when the Republic wars started. I had treated a great many when a Doctor I was working with suggested I should further my knowledge. I started studying for the next four years."

"So you posses half the knowledge then," Tempro asked.

"Perhaps, though I haven't seen machines that can take as detailed readings as these." Something gained her attention that she studied a few moments. Looking up with a questioning look she pointed to the readings. "Tempro, according to these readings his body processes are at thirty five to forty percent. Have you seen this before?"

"Yes Mrs. Shiloh I have. They are almost the same as the Empress's are. I have seen his fluctuate many times though I've have never had a chance to scan him this long." An almost shocked Tempro told her.

"So, for all intents and purposes he is an engineered human as she is." Mita stated.

"It appears so, though his readings are in flux as I said. It is almost as if he is a normal human that was enhanced. Though it has only been the last year that those enhancements have seemed to start to take effect." Tempro told Mita.

Quiet a moment Mita was in deep thought then nodded, "What changed in the last year besides he became emperor?"

"He built a brain enhancer that I was told could have killed him. It may be possible that the stimulus to several areas of his brain may have activated the enhancements permanently." A perplexed Tempro replied.

Looking over the readings Mita was nodding her head looking over everything that she could understand. "It appears that you are correct though as to exactly what enhancements remains to be seen." With a sigh Mita nodded to Tempro. It appears the extra energy is almost gone, though I am afraid that there might be residual energy left. We have to make sure we get it all."