Chapter 22

In a dark room no actual light escaping the recess of the place, a man was awaiting the part of his personality that was being returned today. With the knowledge they would gain they should be able to end this idiot that was claiming to be the rightful Emperor. The other man in the room though unhappy had followed the orders of the sect's leader, shaking slightly the man thought to go against the leader was to invite death. They had received word that the agent had retrieved the information from their patsy, obviously she hadn't been able to get close to the man. They'd have heard something by now or the woman would be dead either way they'd have the information soon.

The man was extremely eager to get part of his mind back he was their best and knew it. This had caused a severe rift with the rest of the sect; many had hoped that he would fail soon so many could advance in the ranks. A few minutes later the agent appeared at the door a huge smile on his shadowy face. Nodding the agent withdrew, he wanted no part of this the reintegrating of a piece of personality it was painful, more than his training included.

The first man put the strange device on the machine in the room. Scanning it he smiled it was all here good he'd missed that part of his self for a while now. Laying back the man looked to the second man and nodded, starting the machine the second man stood back to wait 'til all was done.

Within moments of the machine's humming starting the first man began to scream. The second man had expected this and partly covered his ears, five minutes later the man was still screaming though this was an entirely different type of sound. Looking closer the second man saw that there was blood oozing from the first man's ears and mouth. Shutting down the machine the man hit the alarm. Within seconds the leader and several others were in the room.

Giving his report of what he'd seen the leader was nodding. Turning to go, they all stopped short when the bleeding man on the cot sat up.

"I want to thank you for leading me to your sect. Attempting to assassinate the emperor carries a death penalty. I know that you are well within the planet, as yet my weapons can't quite destroy a world, but I am working on it. Know that I will not allow you to carry out your plan; I know almost all except for who ordered it. I will have the name of the Noble soon though. Enjoy what time you have left I am coming for you." Came the voice of Derrick, then the man started to gag, vomit then exhaled his last breath. So the second man thought this man was far more dangerous than they at first thought, good killing him would really be a pleasure now!

Several alarms were going off back on board Shelby, "Do we have a location Shelby?" Derrick asked.

"It appears that the signal stopped on an outer rim world, good place to hide actually. The plant was extracted and a human mind was accessed then they tried to download it into the human. I am no longer reading any activity in the human's brain or body; I'd say they are affectively dead Derrick." Shelby reported.

Derrick was looking over all the readings he was receiving as of yet they didn't seem to be taking his threat seriously. "Shelby, trans-warp there now!" Within seconds they were in orbit of the afore mentioned world. "Connect me with the sect, this is the emperor you tried to kill me once I intend to make sure it doesn't happen again. I'll give you a day to disband then..."

Suddenly there was a crackle and a shrill voice was screaming at them, "This is a peaceful world you have no right to threaten us!"

Growling a moment Derrick replied, "I don't have time to play games with you, you have a day to disband then I destroy everything on the surface. As I said attempting to assassinate the emperor is a death penalty, this world is harboring the sect but I am being merciful stay and die, leave and you might live to a ripe old age."