Chapter 48

0001 - Tempro

0003 - Conner

0097 - Ace - Zimmel

0098 - Lucy

0101 - Shelby (mother ship) - Derrick

0125 - Lars

0200 - Ellen

0301 - Rodrick

0403 - Johnathon

0667 - Marco - Brown

0778 - Jan

0798 - Celeste - Shelby (human)

0908 - Tara - Mara

0999 - Zan

1000 - Sherry - Lucie (for the moment)

Derrick looked up a moment as Tara watched him. If she didn't know better the man was an Elite Imperial Guardian Prime. That was impossible! She knew all of the primes that were left with the ships they were on.

"I don't know just who you are but it appears that you are also EIG personnel. Though for the life of me I don't know just who you are." A perplexed Tara told Derrick.

Again sighing Derrick looked up again then nodded. "In a way I am a prime, though at the moment I do not exist. I.."

"My god! You are on the time EIG some time in the future! That ship was destroyed hundreds of years ago. Wait! If you are telling me this then I cannot go home. So you intend to kill me. Why then tell me what you have?" A now defiant and proud Tara asked of Derrick.

"Really! Do I look as if I wish to kill you? As I was about to explain I can't actually tell you who I am or where I am. I am here to give you another chance to live. I am not so cruel as to just erase you completely from time. Though I am afraid that is almost what I will have to do." Derrick said as he tried to explain.

Tara's eyes narrowed as she looked closer at Derrick. "Your manner of speech, the way you carry yourself. If I didn't know better than I'd say you are an emperor."

Derrick could only look at the woman before him; damn she was almost as perceptive as he was. No wonder Callie and her father were like they were. Again Derrick looked up then nodded, "I was advised that I cannot tell you much. I am a fair man, I thought I'd get any input into the new person you will be."

Tara's eyes got large then she bowed to Derrick. "I am honored that you as an emperor are giving me this privilege. I take it you are here because of children in the future that are linked to me and my line?" When Derrick nodded Tara smiled, "it is good to know that I wasn't as useless as I thought I was."

For the next few hours Derrick and Tara discussed what and who she might be when she was released back into life.

"Sire?" Tempro stated after they were done. "I really must protest you going yourself to do this. I cannot maintain as good a lock on your bio signature as I did before. You are closer to being in sync with those here than you were in Emperor Gregor's time."

"I know Tempro but if we let her wander then she could be killed or taken. There is a heavy slave trade at this time." Derrick advised Tempro.

"Yes Sire, that also goes for you too. I have read they were usually in groups. From what I have read they were rather large groups." Tempro advised Derrick.

"Yes I know Tempro, I will use precautions. We have to go as soon as we are finished with her reset." Derrick replied.

Derrick, Shelby, and Tempro were monitoring Tara the whole time that she was out. As of yet none of them had detected anything wrong. They were almost done with the process when several alarms went off. As the machinery started to shut off Tempro threw a worried look at Derrick.