About Last Night

Bruce wasn't lying.

After receiving my message, Hunter blew up my phone, demanding more details.

By the time we made it up to his penthouse and explained everything, he looked like he was ready to commit murder.

Once I confirmed what the guy looked like, Bruce and Hunter agreed that it was Guerrero, one of the cartel's runners.

Hunter was raging. He couldn't take any action, because if he were to make the first move, I would just become a target.

"For now, they're just playing games," he asserted, pacing around his living room. "They're trying to scare you, force you to think that you're not safe."

It sure was starting to work.

"What should we do?" questioned Bruce, standing off to the side carefully.

Hunter blew out a sharp breath. "Send some of our men to watch Guerrero's family - the wife and kids. I don't want any harm done to them, I just want them scared enough so he understands who he's playing with."

Bruce gave a curt nod in response, typing something out on his phone.

I stood there silently, wringing my fingers anxiously.

Hunter's eyes met mine. "You okay?"

I nodded slowly, looking down. It was hard to look him in the eyes and not think about what we did last night. How it felt.

Hunter must have seen something in my gaze, because he turned back to Bruce, stating, "Why don't you head back to Layla's apartment and scope out the place? I'll give her a ride back."

Bruce nodded again, moving for the door.

"Thank you," I called out, "for everything."

He shot me a small smile and strolled out.

Once Bruce was gone, Hunter stepped closer to me. "What's going on?"

I moved back, shaking my head. "Nothing."

He sighed, not believing my answer but knowing he couldn't do anything about it. His eyes fell down my body and grew heated as if he just noticed I was barely wearing anything.

Crossing my arms over my chest, I glanced away.

Hunter chuckled. "There she goes again. Turning all red."

My mouth dropped open and I started to deny it, but there was no point. I was as red as a beet.

He stared at me, still grinning at my perplexion. "So, about last night-"

I lifted my hand, stopping him mid-sentence. "Nope. We're not going there." The last thing I wanted to do was rehash whatever the hell went down between us.

His grin remained but his eyes darkened, and I could tell he was remembering exactly what went down last night. Vividly.

"What exactly do you mean by 'there'?" he murmured slowly. "Do you mean when my lips touched every last inch of your neck, or when I lifted you and-"

"Hunter!" I interrupted sharply, face burning an even deeper crimson. My body heated at the thought of what we did.

"I love it when you say my name like that," he teased with a wicked smirk, knowing full well the effect he was having on me. 

Damn him. 

Holding back a shiver, I brought up something sure to grab his attention, desperate for a change in subject. "So, I'm guessing now is not a good time to tell you about the rager that Liam's throwing tomorrow night?"