Mai Tai's and Bad Guys

"Layla, I can't believe you've been keeping this from us this whole time!" 

My eyes widened as Kat barreled towards me from across the bar, Liam in tow, and I fought to settle my pulse as I met her frantic gaze. 

We had just gotten to Ace's a good ten minutes ago, for the long-awaited night out with Hunter that Kat and Liam had dragged out of me. 

Hunter had brought along his friends - Casper and Micah - like we had discussed, as an attempt to hopefully ween some of the attention off of him. 

More specifically, who he really was. 

I had just finished ordering drinks at the bar while Hunter got his friends acquainted with Kat and Liam, when the two of them practically swarmed me, Kat's shrill words ringing through the air.

Suddenly, everything I feared whirled through my mind as I tried to decipher what Kat and Liam were talking about. 

Had they...had they found out? About Hunter? About all of it? 

Did Casper and Micah spill? 

They wouldn't have. Right? 

My heart sank down to my stomach as I met Kat's gaze, my voice coming out a little higher than intended as I slowly asked, "What are you talking about?" 

Kat scoffed. "Really, babe? Do I need to spell it out for you?" 

My pulse pounded through my ears as I raised my eyebrows with uncertainty. 

How did she know? 

I shot a fleeting glance at Liam as he stood behind her, but his expression revealed nothing.

A second passed, though it felt more like an hour as the tension spread through my body. 

Finally, Kat rolled her eyes and proclaimed, "I'm talking about the fact that your boyfriend has some of the hottest friends I've ever seen, and you never thought to mention it to me or Liam!" 

Oh. My. God. 

That's what she had me worked up about? Hunter's hot friends? 

Jesus Christ, this girl was genuinely going to give me a heart attack one of these days. 

Expelling an incredibly deep breath of relief, I threw the two of them an apologetic shrug. "Sorry guys, it completely escaped my mind." 

I didn't exactly think that two drug runners would have been the most ideal bachelors for Kat and Liam. 

Then again, the drug runner thing had sure worked out for me. 

Glancing over his shoulder towards where Hunter and his men were standing, Liam shook his head in awe. "How could either of those men escape your mind? God, I really hope one of them plays for the other team." 

"My money's on Micah," Kat murmured, looking him up and down as he laughed at something Hunter had said. "I could've sworn he was looking at you as more than just a friend." 

A grin pulled at my lips as I followed their line of sight. She wasn't wrong - Micah had been glancing at Liam a certain way when Hunter introduced them. 

I didn't blame Micah, noting how well Liam and cleaned up for tonight. His dark jeans framed his lengthy figure, and the deep blue flowy top he wore brought out his auburn eyes and golden locks. 

Liam's lips curved into a grin as he watched Micah, looking like the cat that ate the canary as his eyes swept over his built frame and sculpted face.