Angel's Kiss

"Pick your poison, Angel." 

As soon as those words left Hunter's lips, I knew I was in for a night of trouble. 

We had just arrived at his penthouse, after a rather interesting motorcycle ride - and by interesting, I meant that it made me completely turned on - and Hunter was now positioned behind his bar, waiting to stir up some concoction for me. 

The dim lighting of his place combined with the slow tempo music that was playing really set the mood, and I was having trouble remembering just why I didn't want to take things further with Hunter. 

He was looking good as hell behind that bar, and the sly tilt of his lips left no room for question about how he felt about me. 

Shit. It hadn't even been five minutes and my mind was going down the gutter. I didn't stand a chance. 

"Suprise me," I murmured as I settled onto the stool in front of the bar. 

His lips kicked up and he nodded surely, fixing up something in a tall-rimmed glass as he hummed to the music. 

I watched him work, my gaze lingering on his taut arms as the sweater stretched against his sculpted body while he moved around. 

Suddenly, my lips felt dry, and I shuddered a breath as I took off my jacket. 

Hunter peered at me from behind the bar, eyes glimmering when he noticed my change in attire. 

"Heating up?" he taunted, knowing all too well why I was feeling warm. 

I scowled. "Are bartenders supposed to talk this much?" 

He chuckled lowly and shook his head in defeat. "Touché." 

A moment later, he placed my finished drink in front of me on the bar, some sort of coffee-colored cocktail topped with foam. 

The chilled beverage looked tempting, and I didn't waste a second before lifting it to my lips and taking a sip. My eyes closed with bliss as the sweet flavor hit my tongue, followed by the warm burn of the alcohol. 

"Holy shit," I professed, "this is amazing. What is it?" 

Hunter gave me a sinful look. "It's called the Angel's Kiss." 

The Angel's what now? 

I managed to hold back an uncomfortable cough as I set the drink down faster than I would have liked. Of course, he chose a suggestive drink, why was I even surprised? 

Hunter laughed at my likely startled expression while he poured himself a glass of bourbon. "What happened, I thought you liked it?" 

I threw him a glare and took another sip for good measure. 

When I looked back up, his gaze was centered right on my lips, all the laughter gone from his face. His eyes were dark with desire and the heaviness of his stare took me aback. 

"What?" I whispered hesitantly. 

"You got some foam on your lip," he said hoarsely, eyes still trained on my mouth. 

"Crap, really?" I muttered, face burning with embarrassment. 

I moved to wipe it off, but Hunter beat me to it, leaning across the bar and swiping his thumb slowly across my lip.

I didn't move an inch, breath faltering at the feel of his calloused finger against my skin. Hunter's leer only heated as I looked up at him from beneath my eyelashes. 

He lifted his thumb and sucked the foam off of it, holding my eyes the entire time. Heat coursed through me as I watched, and I could've sworn that time had slowed down.