Black Magic Woman

"I never thought having good music taste could be such a turn-on, but you are proving me incredibly wrong, Angel." 

Laughing at Hunter's flirty quip, I turned up the volume on his stereo, bobbing my head to Santana's "Black Magic Woman," while Hunter hummed the lyrics. 

Turning to me, Hunter sang along in a low and sultry tone, "You got your spell on me, baby..." 

His raspy voice and smoky smile had my stomach doing cartwheels, and I simply shook my head with a grin. Lord only knew the spell he had on me. 

Especially with the way his inked arm held the steering wheel, while his free hand shifted gears between Drive and Sport as he weaved through traffic. 

We had been driving for a couple of hours, and we still had quite a while to go, though at the speed Hunter was driving, I was pretty sure we would beat our ETA by an hour. The man drove like he was in Fast & Furious, paying no attention to the law as he zigzagged between cars and hit questionably high speeds. 

I'd be lying if I said watching him drive wasn't a major turn-on. 

I was pretty sure Hunter knew it too, with the sinful glances he kept sending my way. 

The music suddenly stalled, grabbing our attention as a phone call rang through from my cell. I had been playing music through the Bluetooth connection, so the call flashed on the stereo screen, displaying the name Kat in bold letters.  

Wonder why she was calling. 

"This should be interesting," I quipped before clicking answer. "Hi, Kat, you're on speaker. I'm in the car with Hunter." 

Her voice came through in an instant, all cheerful and eager. "Oh! Hiiii Hunter," she drawled playfully. 

Rolling my eyes as I smirked at her tone, I held back a sigh. I could already tell that this was going to end incredibly embarrassingly for me. 

Hunter chuckled beside me. "Hi, Kat." 

"Are you two digging your quality time together? Something tells me you guys really enjoyed yourselves."

Oh my god. My cheeks began to burn, even more so when I turned at Hunter and saw his poor attempt at holding back his laughter. 

"Kat," I scolded in a warning tone, hoping it was enough to keep her restrained. She could take things very far very quickly if she wanted to.

"What? I'm just trying to spice up the conversation."

Hunter chuckled. "It's alright. My girlfriend over here doesn't like to kiss and tell."

Silence rang through on the other end.

Crap. I shot Hunter a look that said you are so dead, but he simply looked at me with utter confusion. 

Men were so slow sometimes. 

I hadn't gotten to telling Kat about how official our relationship was, let alone that we labeled it, and I wasn't quite sure that this was how she wanted to find out.

A moment passed, and then Kat spoke slowly, "Am I having hearing problems? Because I'm pretty sure I just heard the word "girlfriend" out of Hunter's mouth."

This was going to be great. 

Hunter's lips began to curve up as he realized she didn't know, and I was so close to pushing him out of the car. I'm sure it was very entertaining to him when he wasn't the one who was going to have his ass chewed out by Kat.