Us

"This food is fucking insane." 

Hunter grinned at me, his eyes twinkling as I nearly moaned between bites of the mouth-watering steak I was currently devouring. 

He had proposed that we go out for dinner tonight, a sort of celebration of both the end of our trip and the beginning of our...relationship? 

The latter still had to be discussed. 

I had agreed, not knowing he was going to go all out with the incredibly fancy restaurant he had chosen. It was stunning, with vaulted ceilings, glittering chandeliers, a live jazz band, and giant pillars surrounding the space.

The place itself was packed, mainly with older couples, ones that looked like they could afford to order every single item off of the pricey menu, and then some. I felt out of place next to the flashy patrons, even in my black dress and matching heels. 

Hunter looked like he fit right in, sitting across from me in his dark slacks and white button-up, paired with a perfectly fitting blazer. It wasn't the clothes, though, that made it seem like he belonged. It was the easy grin that sat on his face, the one that said he owned this place without needing to try. 

And it was damn true. 

Reveling in my obsession with the food, Hunter replied, "Glad you like it. I felt bad that we missed out on lunch." A glimmer of heat flashed in his eyes, one that said he didn't feel bad one bit. 

We had originally planned on going out for lunch, but certain distractions had gotten in the way. Distractions involving a very hot shower and even hotter diversions. 

I watched as Hunter toyed with the tablecloth, biting my lip to keep from grinning at the memory of what those fingers were doing to me earlier today. 

Hunter's eyes fell to my lips, his gaze darkening as he picked up on my thoughts. "Careful, Angel. Bite your lip like that again and I'll have to do it for you."

An elder couple that sat beside us gasped, seeming to have heard Hunter's words. I placed a hand over my mouth to refrain from laughter, but it was no use. Hunter was ruthless.

He simply chuckled, unbothered by the nasty glares they were sending in his direction. 

Shaking my head despite the grin on my face, I glanced around the restaurant, studying all of the happy couples. My smile widened slightly as I took in the scene. 

We were just like them. Carefree and happy in each other's company. 

It was crazy just how much things could change in one night. How much of an effect it had that I opened up to Hunter and that he did the same.

It was also crazy that I had gone this long without sex. Holy shit, was it an experience. 

I was sure that experience had a lot to do with the fact that Hunter was the man in my bed. I had a good feeling that he was far more advanced in sexual expertise than many other guys out there. 

As far as the whole sex thing went, we definitely had it figured out. The only thing left was to finalize what we were. To define our relationship.

That was something Kat had been keen on knowing when I called her this afternoon to fill her in on the news. I had promised that she would be the first to know, after all.

At first, though, she was much more concerned with the fact that Hunter and I had slept together. Holy shit, that girl could scream. 

She also knew how to spread news - fast. I was pretty sure she had managed to tell Liam while I was on the phone with her, because within an instant I had received a celebratory message from him, fit with some very suggestive commentary.