Give Them Hell

I was starting to get concerned that Hunter would crash the car after what had to be his 10th time gaping at me, and not at the road before us.

We had been driving for a good half-hour, on our way to the dreaded wedding, and Hunter was not hiding the fact that he was a fan of my look.

I had opted for a baby pink dress with a sweetheart neckline and a tapered waist. The soft color of the dress seemed to bring out my olive skin, and the alluring slit running up the side did my legs justice, highlighting my curves. I paired it with some strappy nude heels, and I went for simplistic jewelry with gold hoops and a matching gold medallion necklace.

I kept my makeup pretty minimal, going for a subtle summer glow, but the gold eyeshadow and black mascara on my eyes really made the look pop.

"Eyes on the road, mister," I murmured teasingly to Hunter as his gaze slowly swept from my legs all the way up to my dangerously low neckline. My voice came out amused, but my body was telling a whole different story as heat pooled low inside me from the glint in his eyes.

Hunter cleared his throat, meeting my eyes for a second with a wicked gleam before shaking his head and turning away.

With a smoky grin, he answered, "It should be a crime to look that good, Angel."

I smiled foolishly at his words, loving the way he praised me.

Shifting to look at me once more, Hunter cursed softly as his gaze caught on the curve of my legs. "Fuck, Layla. I hate the fact that any other man gets to have his eyes on you at this wedding."

My pulse pounded at the tone of jealousy in his voice, secretly enjoying how protective he was over me. Though, I didn't love it nearly as much as his evident arousal, brought to my attention by the way he kept straining to adjust his pants while he drove.

That was hot.

Running a hand up his arm that was resting on his lap, the other positioned on the wheel, I whispered, "But you're the only one that gets to take this dress off of me at the end of the night. And everything else."

Hunter's eyes hastened to mine with a devilish gleam, and I fought to keep cool under his hungry gaze. His jaw tensed slightly as he turned back to the road, and his voice came out slightly unraveled as he spoke. "Say that again, Angel, and we won't make it to this damn wedding."

Oh, Lord.

My cheeks burned slightly as his words settled with me. A small laugh crawled out of my throat as I watched how affected he was by me, with his hand clenching the wheel and his eyes still darkened with desire.

God, I loved this man. Somehow, every single day with him managed to feel like the first time, all of the butterflies and passion never once fading.

It really didn't get better than Hunter. That, I was sure of.

As I laughed at his expression, my gaze traced his figure appreciatively, noting the way his jet black dress pants and matching suit jacket filled his tall frame. My eyes trailed up to the unbuttoned collar of his shirt, where his enticing gold chain sat.

I especially got caught up in how the sleeves of his white dress shirt were rolled up to his elbows, setting his inked, muscular forearms on full display.

Yeah, he cleaned up pretty damn well.

Noting the way I was eyeing him, Hunter let out a husky chuckle. "Seems like the tables have turned, love."

Grinning at him, I shook my head in admiration. "Just thinking about how much I lucked out with you."

Hunter's lips curved up in response, the desire in his eyes shifting to the look that made my heart swell. "You got it wrong, darling. I'm the lucky one. You remind me of it every damn day."