Tequila and Temptation

Come out to the quad when your class is over, Liam and I are here waiting!

I read over the text from Kat on my phone, grateful for the reminder. I had totally forgotten that I had plans to grab coffee with them.

A two-hour lecture on business economics was a surefire way to drain every ounce of energy from my body, so caffeine should have been the first thing on my mind. I was just so distracted with everything going on that I couldn't remember a single damn thing.

Quietly yawning, my eyes lit up with relief once my professor finally dismissed our class for the day.

Closing my laptop and grabbing my bag, I headed out and started the short walk to the quad. The weather was warm today, sunny with a breeze that caused my sundress to flow slightly, and I was happy that I decided against wearing a sweater.

"Hey, cutie!" shouted a soft voice ahead of me. I laughed as I walked towards Kat sitting on one of the benches, Liam leaning against the side.

"Hi, babes, ready for some coffee?"

Liam groaned in relief at my words, desperately clutching his head. "If I don't get some in the next five seconds, I might die."

I looked over at Kat with perplexion, and she just rolled her eyes.

"Don't worry," she remarked, "Liam's just being a drama queen. He had to take a 30-minute exam and he's acting like he just went through a war."

Liam's mouth gaped and I giggled, happy to be dealing with my normal 'chaos' for the first time in a while.

"Come on," asserted Kat, standing up and linking arms with us, "let's get to talking about this damn party tonight."

***

We managed to find a shady table outside Roaster's and had been discussing tonight's events for the past hour over iced latte's.

We'd gone through who was coming, what we were wearing, and, obviously, what we were drinking. Liam's place was fully stocked with bottles upon bottles, and there was no question that his house was going to be packed with highly intoxicated college students.

The course of the topic had now switched to who was hooking up with who, and as much as I tried to avoid it, the attention shifted to me.

"So, are you bringing Matt?" questioned Kat, waggling her eyebrows suggestively.

I shot her a look. "Why would I bring Matt?"

Liam snorted and Kat rolled her eyes. "Come on, Layla," she urged, "You have to give it another shot, and I'm sure he'd love to come with you to a party. I think it'll be good for you, better than coming alone."

I held back a laugh. If only she knew who was accompanying me to the party. I debated telling them that Hunter was my escort, but I thought it would be better to keep it a surprise.

They could only ask so many questions in the heat of the moment.

There was no way I could actually explain why he was coming, that being the fact that I was currently under the cartel's watch, so I would just have to play along with some crappy excuse on the spot.

Which was nerve-wracking, to say the least.

"Enough about me. Who are you guys bringing?"

"Oh, I don't plan on restricting myself to one guy," spoke Kat, grinning softly.

Liam grinned as well, and I had a feeling that he had the same plan to hook up with an assortment of hot guys that would be showing up.

I smirked, wishing I had half the confidence that they held. Then again, I couldn't imagine Hunter just standing around quietly while I made out with a bunch of guys. Just the thought of that was enough to make me laugh.