Sweet Endings

It was probably a miracle that I hadn't gotten a noise complaint by now—but I certainly wasn't complaining. 

The party had kicked up since the initial surprise, and it was clear that everyone was having a blast as they danced, played games, and caught up with friends amongst the crowd. 

Taking a break from mingling with the guests, I headed over to the kitchen where a couple of people were hanging out and making drinks. 

The smile on my face stretched as I scanned the crowd over the rim of my cup, laughing as my gaze fell to Kat, who was currently demolishing a group of guys at beer pong. 

I hadn't been able to stop smiling the entire night. It was partially due to the fact that Kat and Liam had managed to get me slightly tipsy off of one of their interesting cocktail creations, but I knew a huge part of it had to do with the fact that I was just so damn happy. 

I couldn't have dreamed of a better way to end the night. 

Even Casper and Micah were here, and Hunter seemed to be having a good time catching up with them.

Though, Micah had spent the majority of the time by Liam's side. 

The two of them seemed to be engaged in a rather interesting card game off in the corner, sitting in a circle with several other partygoers.

My eyebrows threaded together slowly as I looked more closely at the scene. Now that I was paying attention, it looked like a lot of them were missing a good amount of clothing.

Hell, I was pretty sure Liam was unbuttoning his shirt right fucking now. 

I choked on a laugh when it hit me, my hand flying to my mouth. 

They were most definitely playing strip poker. 

Poor Micah. 

My gaze traveled to where Hunter was hanging out in the living room, in the middle of an animated conversation with Casper, who had his head tilted back in laughter. 

My eyes fell to the drink in Hunter's hand - scotch, of course - and a grin pulled at my lips. 

With Rico keeping watch out front, Hunter gave in and let Casper pour him a drink, much to my satisfaction. 

It was about time Hunter let himself have some fun.  

A warm flutter filled my chest as I gazed at him. For once, it all seemed so easy. So normal. 

And it was a damn good feeling. The kind of feeling that told me no matter what we had to face, we could do this. Because I knew, without a doubt, that nothing came close to the love we had for each other. 

Hunter's gaze met mine from across the room, a playful glint flashing in his eyes as he grinned my way. 

The flutter in my chest turned into a stampede as Hunter sent me a slow wink over the rim of his glass before taking a sip, his eyes on me the whole time. 

Fuck, he looked good. And he damn well knew it too. 

Biting my lip to stifle my grin, I simply shook my head his way, and Hunter laughed, knowing exactly what he was doing to me. 

The blindfold was definitely coming back out once this party was over. 

"God, you guys are so cute it makes me sick," Kat ridiculed as she came to stand beside me, scrunching up her nose. 

It looked like she had gotten tired of kicking everyone's ass at beer pong. 

I laughed under my breath, pulling my gaze from Hunter as I stuck my tongue out teasingly at her.