12- 𝗘𝗮𝗿𝗹𝘆 𝗠𝗼𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗦𝗵𝗲𝗻𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗮𝗻𝘀

Natalia and Elias had managed to transport the man back to the mansion safely and undetected. Although, as soon as they had, both of them walked separate ways and hadn't talked a word since.

Natalia had made it clear to him that she didn't want to see him again, but she didn't even know if she believed herself. Nonetheless, Elias thought that was the right time to respect her and had kept his distance.

Currently, Natalia was in the kitchen, preparing breakfast since she had decided to get up earlier than usual. Actually, she couldn't sleep at all but she wasn't going to let anyone know that.

Cooking had been a way to healthily handle her emotions, a substitute for murder and torture. It was only one of two ways she could project her emotions into something with actual meaning.

Singing was her other outlet of stress. Aurelia had forced lessons upon her, wanting to hopefully raise a successful pop star. As you can tell, that didn't happen, but Natalia still enjoyed it.

However, enjoyment means little to Aurelia Maldonado when it isn't making you, or her, money. Because of this, Natalia rarely sung anymore; it was just a reminder of another thing her mother sprayed with memories reeking of judgment and failure.

"For fucks sake" Natalia muttered, rushing to the toaster as it began beeping frantically. As she had guessed, the toast was charred black, completely inedible now.

Sighing, Natalia leant against the worktop, deciding that everyone would have to cope without a bit of bread. Although this was a way to cope with her stress, it usually ended up adding to that.

Swiftly, and definitely not gracefully, Natalia started to plate up the food, often forgetting the pan was steaming hot as she went to grab it. Hissing, she brought her finger to her mouth and sucked it, trying to relieve the burning sensation that spread through it.

As someone cleared their throat, Natalia looked up to see Elias Romero, leaning against the doorframe as his lip was slightly curved into a smile. Only then did she realise that she was sucking her finger in a slightly... provocative manner.

"Want me to kiss it better?" Elias joked and Natalia just rolled her eyes, placing the last bits of bacon onto the plates.

"Fuck me in the arse and call me Gordon Ramsay" Natalia murmured, standing back with her hands above her head as she admired her masterpiece.

"You get people to call you that in bed?" Elias spoke, an eyebrow quirked as he eyed the blonde girl with a confused expression.

"Have you ever heard of sayings?" Natalia sarcastically asked, rolling her eyes as she carried the boiling hot plates across the room and onto the table.

"I can get the maids to do that-" Elias started but was cut off by Natalia laughing, placing two plates down as she went back to pick up more.

"You're saying you can break down a door with a 30kg table blocking it but you can't carry a few plates?" Natalia rhetorically asked, referring to when Elias had bust down the door when he had heard the man scream. The scream did sound incredibly girly, so he assumed that it was Natalia in pain- not the other way round.

"I thought you were hurt, that's why" Elias muttered, not wanting Natalia to hear. He didn't want her to see him as weak, like he would drop everything if she was ever hurt; because he shouldn't- no, didn't care.

As Elias mulled over his own feelings, if you could even call them that, Natalia had finished serving the food out. Surprisingly, she had even made enough for Elias, yet purposely not enough for his father. Even though she didn't have a valid reason, she still hated the man's guts.