34- 𝗛𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗦𝘄𝗲𝗲𝘁 𝗛𝗼𝗺𝗲

"Listen, I really have to go now- I have things to do" Natalia spoke through the phone, smiling slightly to herself as she walked down the steps of Maldonado Tech's private jet.

"Of course, duty calls" Elias chuckled through the other end of the phone as Natalia had a tight-lipped smile on her face.

"Call me tonight?" Elias asked and Natalia just bit her lip to stop a smile from plastering itself on her face.

"It's a date" Natalia told him, a smirk forming on her face.

"Oh, and I'll be wearing my skimpiest set of lingerie" Natalia teased, her voice quiet to avoid anyone overhearing. Natalia ended the phone, but not before hearing Elias hold back a groan.

"Who was that you were talking to?" Amara asked, walking in front with a coffee cup in her hand.

"Oh, just Enzo" Natalia told her and Amara suspected nothing. It was a good thing she seemingly hadn't heard what she said, otherwise the fact she said she was talking to her brother would've been very suspicious.

"Where are we going?" Amara asked, putting her hand in her pocket to reveal one of many Maldonado Tech chocolates that were stashed in her pocket.

"You'll see" Natalia told her, dragging her words out slightly as she looked at Amara with a bemused look as she opened one of the chocolates.

"Miss. Maldonado, Miss. Romero- please, take a seat" The driver spoke, opening the door to the Porsche.

"Tom, it's been a while" Natalia spoke, walking up to him and pulling him in for a small hug.

"Go spend time with your children and wife, I'll drive myself today" Natalia muttered to him, handing him five hundred dollar notes as he thanked her profusely before walking away.

"Mara, sit in the passengers seat" Natalia told her and Amara looked like she was caught between crossroads.

"But there's snacks in the back" Amara told her and Natalia turned around with a deadly unimpressed look.

"Then bring the snacks to the passengers seat" Natalia spoke and Amara shrugged, grabbing a bowl of sweets before walking over to the passenger seat and sitting down.

"When did you get such an appetite?" Natalia asked, starting the engine and driving away.

"Since when do you drive yourself?" Amara asked, trying to deflect the question she had asked, but Natalia just gave her a unimpressed stare.

"I'm just hungry, what's wrong with that?" Amara asked and Natalia just raised her eyebrows at Amara's defensiveness.

"Nothing, Mara- why are you being defensive?" Natalia asked her and Amara tried to quickly swallow her mouthful.

"I'm not" Amara told her, her voice louder than she intended as Natalia's eyebrows raised even higher. It's a good thing she hadn't got botox, she didn't even have to speak for Amara to know what she wanted to say.

Their was an awkward silence in the air, and Natalia knew just how to stop it. She pressed a few buttons on the panel and suddenly 'Only Girl In The World' by Rihanna started to play.

Amara quietly sang along as Natalia heard, smiling to herself slightly as she turned the volume up. In a compartment, Natalia found a microphone, passing it to Amara as both of them looked at each other for a short moment before bursting out into song.

Throughout the car ride, both of them never stopped laughing or singing, a smile plastered on both of their faces. Amara was like a sister to Natalia, she always found herself wanting to protect her and, whenever she was with her- she always ended up smiling.