19- 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗜𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗿 𝗖𝗶𝗿𝗰𝗹𝗲

"Listen, the best thing to do is to wait for them to make the next move. We don't know what they're going to do-" Elias started but Azaiah cut him off, ripping his hands off of the table in annoyance.

"Exactly, we don't know what they're going to fucking do. For all we know, they could be on the outskirts of the city planning a fucking nuclear bomb to blow this shithole to pieces" Azaiah told him, storming around the room as he debated the options.

"If we start the fight, we call the shots. We get to decide and plan how to attack and we can catch them off guard, they won't see it coming" Azaiah explained but Elias just shook his head, tilting it back as he sat down.

"It doesn't matter if they see it coming or not, they're on home turf-" Elias started but Azaiah cut him off.

"That's just the point, they're on home turf. They'll know this city like the back of their hands and we don't have that advantage. It'll be like fighting blindfolded if we don't strike first" Azaiah spat, just wanting Elias to see that his view was the only valid way they were going to overcome this fight.

"And what if we do strike first? What happens then? We're initiating a war against two of the strongest Mafias in the world, it's not gonna be a fucking walk in the park" Elias told him and Azaiah just shook his head, his face showing only an expression of disgust.

"So you expect us to just wait until they knock on our front door? Like you said, they're two of the most powerful Mafias in the world, we can't just sit on our asses and wait-" Azaiah started but Elias cut him off, standing up abruptly.

"Don't you see? We're no match for them and starting a war now without enough men and weaponry is practically a suicide mission" Elias spat, both of them huffing out of annoyance.

The room practically reeked of egotistical males.

"Woah, am I interrupting something?" Natalia asked, walking in and halting at the sight of Elias and Azaiah, looking especially murderous.

"Actually, perfect timing. What would you do when you know there's a fight approaching?" Azaiah asked and Natalia furrowed her brows, holding the mug of coffee with two hands and blowing into it.

"Depends what fight it is. Are we talking street fighting or a fight to the death?" Natalia asked. She was trying with all she could to not look towards Elias, already feeling his gaze burning a hole through the side of her head. And her breasts.

"The latter- but it's probably hundreds or thousands of deaths" Azaiah told her and, unlike anyone else would in that situation, Natalia didn't even bat an eyelid.

"Well, I'd probably gain all the men, or women, I could, get enough weapons and take them down" Natalia told them and Elias stepped forward, arms crossed.

"What if that took too long? What if you had to decide whether to fight someone on their home ground unprepared or wait for them to initiate the fight?" Elias told her, muscles fighting against the fabric of his blazer.

Even though she considered herself a raging feminist, she couldn't deny that the tension in the room was making her feel a certain type of way.

"Probably go in unprepared. For all I know, they could be unprepared and it's better than waiting for them to strike, then they'll have the home advantage and the element of surprise" Natalia told them and she could sense Elias' annoyance, for what reason she didn't know.

"But, seriously, what's going on? What fight are you referring to exactly?" Natalia asked as she sipped from her coffee cup through pursed lips.

"The Americans and Russians, there's rumours that they're getting ready for a war in the underground world" Elias told her and Natalia had forgotten for a moment that he ran the underground world.